Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Krafty Kristmas

Forget that it's sunny outside and think Christmas... because it's time for a new challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. This is a monthly challenge, so you've got plenty of time to enter and this month we'd like to see kraft on your projects.

I love using kraft card, so much so that I managed to make 2 cards for my DT contribution! I'll show the first one today and post the second one tomorrow. 


This is very CAS and I kinda like it.  I used a very old stamp - one of the first I ever bought (Great Impressions) - and coloured it with Prisma pencils.  The image was cut out with a Lil' Inkers die and adhered to a plain kraft card.  The sentiment is a Pebbles rub-on, again something I've had for years.

I do hope you can join us at CaSS this month.  Do hop on over to check out the gorgeous inspiration cards that the CaSSettes have made.  We're being sponsored by Kathryn from StampArt Designs who is giving away 5 digis to our lucky winner.

Getting the odd Christmas card made while you take a break from working in the garden is proving very therapeutic for me.  We've had a really productive day in the jungle and another (hopefully) scheduled for tomorrow.  It was very nice to sit on the patio with a wee glass of wine looking out at what we'd achieved today.  I still regret the fact that before I went back to work full time we had an OK lawn/ flower garden and a very productive fruit and veg  garden, only for it all to go to pot because I didn't have the time to keep on top of it.  Donald is away for all but 4 weeks in the year and so much depends on the weather being half-way decent when he is home if we want to get anything done.

I'm going to have to buy a new potting shed as Donald managed to put his foot through the floor - twice!  It's so wet here during the winter and the shed has been up for 12 years or so, but it's a pain that we're going to have to dismantle it and start again.  However, we started out 14 years ago with an overgrown field full of rubbish so we know what we can achieve when we put our minds to it!  The Boy Wonder has been a complete star today and worked just as hard as his dad and I did.  Long may that last!

Will be back tomorrow with the other DT card.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Tracey xx

6 comments:

Chris said...

It's a lovely CAS card, Tracey. I love the look of Kraft coloured with pencils!
Enjoy your gardening...hard work, but as you say...so rewarding!
Chris
x

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Tracey ! I love your card ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation, lovely image used love this Christmas card and just love what you have made, colours are brilliant.xxx

I am now a new follower of your lovely inspirational blog.
♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

mixamatoasties said...

Love this! Simple but effective card. And you could batter off hundreds, if you leave your Christmas card making until 18th December. Not that I would you understand. Oh no Siree Bob.....

S xx

coops said...

simply stunning tracey.i love the kraft and fab image ;D

xx coops xx

Marilyn said...

Great card and so perfect! It always amazes me how a simple image and some kraft paper make some of the most stunning cards.