I always struggle to pick a favourite stamp; usually my favourite is my latest purchase so I don't have an all-time favourite. I do, however, have go-to stamps and my choice for my DT card is one of them.
It's a Hero Arts stamp from a wood block set and it's ideal for when I need to make a quick card. This card, however, was not quick. In fact, I had seven kinds of trouble trying to get this card right.
I was inspired by this card which I saw on Pinterest and set about making the stripes on the tag match the stripes on the card. Now I could have just stamped across both layers at the same time but the OCD part of me wanted to have the stripes on both layers (yes, even though the tag is stuck down with foam tape).
Several attempts at lining up later I managed to get the stripes the way I wanted them. I used a Clearly Besotted stamp for the sentiment and found some orange twine to complete the tag. All I had to do now was take a photo...
Hope you can join us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Quixotic Paperie are sponsoring us so there's a £10 voucher up for grabs!
Have a great day!
Tracey xx
6 comments:
WOW ! What an elegant and arty card Tracey ! Love the colours and the brush strokes ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Love this Tracey! CAS and so very striking! You've lined up the stamps so perfectly!
Chris
x
Love, love, love this CAS card, Tracey :o) Yummy!
Such a fab card and lovely colour combo's..I really like your CAS style..hope you are enjoying your weekend...
The Journey is the Start
I love this. It's simple but it's fab but I tell you if I had tried to that I would have made a complete **** of it!
xx
I love this card! The CAS design is gorgeous but so is the way you've stamped it with the tag. I hear you about the many tries... I do this so often, try to make it so perfect and end up with a bin of scrapped pieces.
This one looks mighty perfect to me!
Post a Comment