Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Snowflakes

Autumn. Falling leaves. Warm reds, ambers and browns.  Forget all that.  We've got a new challenge over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and our theme is Snowflakes, so start thinking a season ahead!

I tried the inlaid die technique for my DT card




I used Lawn Fawn dies to cut a stitched rectangle from linen-finish card and then cut the snowflakes from the same piece.  I cut the snowflakes again using a mottled gold card I had in my stash and put the whole thing back together, replacing the linen snowflakes with the gold ones.  Not too fiddly, either as the snowflake dies are reasonably big.  All I needed to do after that was add a clear gem to the centre of each snowflake.  Another flat card for the Christmas collection - I'm doing a lot better on the Christmas card preparation than I did last year!

I do hope you can join us at CaSS; we're being sponsored by StampArt this time, so there's a lush prize for one lucky winner.  As ever, the CaSSettes have done us proud with a fabulous collection of inspiration projects, so grab a cuppa and come over to take a peek!

Hugs

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Tracey ! Love the way you have placed the snowflakes "into" the card... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

An Occasional Genius said...

So you won't be pootling off to M&S this year I hope then?!

It's a beautiful card hon, must look at that technique myself. Have a good day xx

Chrissy said...

So elegant Tracey...gorgeous technique and love the fabulous sparkle.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What pretty snowflakes! Lovely card!

mixamatoasties said...

I thought I had commented on this, but I love it. Such a great idea. Simple and elegant. Like me. Apart from the elegant bit.....

Susan xx

Tracy said...

Wish I was doing better on my Christmas card stash. I love the inlaid technique and that gold paper you picked is awesome. Great card Tracey!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Blingy and elegant. I love x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a cool card, brilliant snow flakes!

Warm hugs
Maarit