Saturday, 14 February 2015

Picture This

There's a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'.  This week we'd like to see your take on our "Inspired by a Song" theme.

For my song I've opted for "Picture This" by Blondie.  It reminds me of my student days when I thought that Debbie Harry was the ultimate style icon.  I can't take any credit for the card design, which was totally inspired by the amazing Debby Hughes.





I saw Debby use this stamp with a die cut photo strip and had to case her design (see it here).  I'm a huge fan of Debby's cards and her photography skills - what I would give for some of that talent!

Anyway, back to the card.  The stamp is by Simon Says Stamp (You are Pawsome) and the cute dog has been coloured with Copics.  I cut three strips from a mixture of Basic Grey and MME papers and added a little sentiment, again from the Pawsome stamp set.

I hope you can join in the fun at Sweet Stampin'.  We're sponsored this week by Crafts U Love, who are giving away a £10 voucher for a wee crafty spend - who wouldn't like that?

Check out the Sweeties fabulous DT cards here at the challenge blog - and check out their musical tastes, too!

Have a brilliant weekend.

Hugs

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Pia Larsen said...

Love this, Tracey! Being a dog owner this hits right at home with me and it is super cute :o)
Hugs Pia

Debs said...

Totally fabulous card Tracey - love the design and great somng choice - will be singing all morning now :o)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

Chris said...

Fabulous card Tracey! This made me smile, reminded me of all the naff photos I had developed before the advent of digital cameras!
Love that cute dog stamp!
Chris
x

Rachel said...

Love it! What a fab card, a great take on Debby's design. That dog is so cute!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend, Wedgie xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super card and choice of song!

Love
Maarit

Anonymous said...

This is so so adorable Tracey ! Love this little chap and the design is just fantastic ! Hope you are having a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Pami said...

I absolutely love this card! What a great image and love the layout! Pami x

Thordis said...

Amazing card! It's so super cute! Your coloring, paper and layout is perfect :)
hugs xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Tracey your card is so cute and clever hunny! Love the song choice and your brilliant design. Fab job casing the original (I really love your version) utterly brilliant. Sorry I'm slow dropping in, been sick in bed all week xxxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is such a fun card. Love the filmstrip design!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card, Tracey! It made me chuckle to see how you "revealed" the little furball ;)

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for hopping over from the Make The Day Special blog.

Happy crafting!
Julia