Wednesday, 11 March 2015

A Blue Christmas

Can you believe that we're into the third month of the year already?  Time is just flying by and it will be Christmas again before we know it.

Good job, then that it's time for a new challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'  - it's never too early to get started on your Christmas cards!  Our challenge theme this month is "Blue Christmas" - a nice, easy one as we just need to see the colour blue on your projects.

I used a combination of Simon Says Stamp and Mama Elephant dies for my DT card:



I coloured a square of white card with distress inks and layered embossing paste over the top through a Simon Says Stamp stencil.  While this was drying I cut my dies, backing the houses with some white card.  I layered up the houses, trees and snowy hills, adding a touch of Wink of Stella to some of the windows (although it doesn't show in the photo).

Finally, I added some twine although I could just have easily stamped a sentiment.

We are being sponsored by Flat Friends, who are giving 2 digis to our lucky winner.  Do pop over to the challenge blog to check out the lovely DT projects the CaSSettes have made. 

Hope you can play along with us this month!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally in love with your card Tracey ! Love the colours and the sky... And the house dies are on my wish list !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Gail said...

This is wonderful. It is beautiful, serene, sweet, a clean design, and elegant. I was going to ask you how you got the snow so darn perfect and flat so I'm glad you told us in your post. And guess what. I got a package from Simon Says yesterday with that snowflake stencil (and some others that I can't wait to try for our winter challenges), and now that I see you used it and how it came out, I'm excited to try it out! I adore this and the papers are perfect. Fabulous card! Hugs, Gail

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.your winter scene is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Chris said...

It's a beautiful card Tracey. The diecuts are combined perfectly to compose your lovely scene. Love how you've created the sky with the texture paste snow falling against those wonderful misty blues, it gives it such a wonderful atmosphere.
Chris
x

mixamatoasties said...

I love this card Tracey, it's so beautiful. And if a card can be described as peaceful it's that too.

Susan xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so beautiful!

Stempelhexe said...

Woooooooow, einfach herrlich.

LG
Ulla

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Sooooo elegant x