Saturday, 18 July 2015

Not part of my original plan...

Hello!  I'm back from our holiday in very hot and sunny Italy and have been trying to adjust to the autumnal weather here in SW Scotland.  Wet, windy and decidedly chilly - not what I want in our school holidays!

Anyhoo, I'm here to let you know that we are starting new challenge at Sweet Stampin' today.  Our challenge theme is No DP, so step away from those papers, folks!




I had an idea in my head to use some of my pink and grey inks and I spent a not inconsiderable amount of time masking a perfect circle and filling it with little stamps from Avery Elle and Papertrey Ink.  It took a couple of attempts to get the look I wanted and when I was finally happy I decided to add a little sentiment in the bottom corner of my one layer card. However, I didn't take into account the rules of Sod's Law and consequently smudged and splodged and generally b******d up my design. 

Rather than start over, I reached for the Lil' Inker stitched dies and cut out my flowery circle, adhering it to the back of some pale grey cardstock.  I held my breath when I stamped the sentiment as I have no doubt that there would have been some very unladylike language if I had messed things up again.

I die cut a few Memory Box butterflies from vellum which I glued together for a layered look. I also added quite a lot of sequins  to complete the design. 

I hope you can join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.  The lovely Emma from Flat Friends is sponsoring us and has some digis to give away.

Enjoy the weekend!

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so pretty, Tracey, and serene, a great rescue in other words. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Tracey... Love the fresh and clean look... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Chris said...

All's well that ends well! Sometimes things just don't go according to plan but this is lovely Tracey! Great design, beautiful soft colours and I love those vellum butterflies.
Beautiful holiday photos, I love Italy!
Hope the weather improves for you soon:)
Chris
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Tracey, I utterly LOVE what you did with this challenge. Your card is fab and I think that mistake was somewhat kismet because your solution I think created an utterly stunning elegant CAS card. LOVE it! Hugs, Wends x

Cass said...

Great save and absolutely gorgeous. Many times have I botched up cards with the sentiment. Cass xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Have to say I totally love this! Sometimes mistakes are just meant to be but it's really frustrating when it happens with the last step! Enjoy your weekend sweetie xx

mixamatoasties said...

It is beautiful Tracey. A very elegant card.

Susan xx

PS - yes, yes, yes to a girly meet :)

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.i love the delicate design :D

xx coops xx