Saturday, 10 October 2015

Use text or script

Helloooo!  It's the start of the October holidays for me so I thought I'd better do my post before I collapse in a heap!

We have a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' today.  We'd like to see text (or script) on your designs this week.  Here's my card



I wanted this anemone stamp from Wplus9 ever since it came out and eventually managed to get hold of one, after which it sat on my desk for weeks  months.  At last, I've used it with some pigment inks and I'm really quite pleased with the painterly effect.  The text was stamped in pale grey ink - the stamp is by Hobby Art.  A few sequins and some inking around the edge of the image mat was all I needed to do to finish the card.

I enjoyed making this so much that I decided to see what the main image would look like in softer colours with the text running over the top...

 
 
I'm now looking for an excuse to use this stamp again, so be prepared for a bit of déja vu on this blog!
 
Back to Sweet Stampin' - do hop over to check out the fabby creations made by my lovely teamies.  We're being sponsored by the Ribbon Girl, so there's a great ribbony prize waiting for one lucky winner.
 
Have a great weekend!
 
Hugs
 
Tracey xx

9 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

They are so beautiful, Tracey, the sequins and the droplets adds the little extra something. Enjoy your weekend :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Tracey ! Love the flowers and the french script... Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Chris said...

Elegant and beautiful, looks great in both 'editions'! Wonderful stamping!
Hope you enjoy your much needed break...and get some rest!
Chris
x

mixamatoasties said...

It's beautiful Tracey! Look forward to seeing more of your creations with this.

Enjoy your week off. Sadly I am at work and Andy is off with the boys. I'm off Friday pm and Monday next week though. Can't come quick enough!

Susan xx

Tracy said...

These are lovely Tracey. I keep going back and forth on buying the layered stamp sets. You make me lean towards yes. LOL Hugs!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love both these stunning cards Tracey. Love the text disappearing in the first one, looks so cool, but I really love the soft palette in the second and the glass beads are a gorgeous finish. Two utterly perfect stunning cards. Hugs, Wends x

Rachel said...

Wow Tracey - thats such a pretty card, I love it!
I hope you're keeping well :-) xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is lovely, I really like the colours xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Simply beautiful both ways Tracey, I too have stamps that have done that! xx