Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Anything goes at CaSS - April

Me again with this month's DT card for Christmas at Sweet Stampin'.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes at Christmas" so you can play along using whatever image/technique you like.

I'm trying to push myself out of my colouring comfort zone (red and white or red/white/green for Christmas cards) so it took a while to decide on a colour combo for this image.





Although it looks black in the photo the card base is actually purple Bazzill and overall I'm quite pleased with the way the purple/green combo has turned out.  Both the image and the sentiment are from Lili of the Valley - I'm really enjoying revisiting these images after neglecting them for a while.

Do pop over to CaSS to check out the inspiration projects my lovely teamies have made.  Hope you can play along with us this month!

Tracey xx

7 comments:

Chris said...

Just perfect!
Chris
x

An Occasional Genius said...

It's beautiful & a lovely colour combo. Lie down after a large glass of gin m'dear! Brownie points for you cleaning the oven! xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Love this Tracey! Happy Easter. Judy x

Tracy said...

Aha! I'm not the only one who can't get those pesky dark papers to show their true colors in photos. LOL Love the purple and your happy little snowman. Hugs!

Wishcraft said...

The colours look fab Tracey... lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

I love your purple and green combo .. .. I think it looks great .. .. in fact the whole card is. Just goes to show you don't need much to create a really beautiful card!

I wish there were more Christmas cards in my stock box that's for sure!

Many thanks for your lovely comments on my son's music. You are very kind. It is certainly a very special time in his life.

Enjoy your weekend.

Love Jules xx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this card Tracey! The colours are just fab, I like that you've used a coloured card base - a change from white! Think I need to do that some time.

Hope you're well.

C starting his Nat 5's this week......

xxx