Wednesday, 10 July 2019

Christmas in the Sun

As I write this post the sky  is dark grey, the rain is lashing down and we've had thunder and lightning.  Welcome to summer in Scotland ;o)

Interesting, then, that our (optional) theme to complement the Anything Goes at Christmas challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' is "Christmas in the Sun".  I'd just like some sun, please, don't mind what time of year it appears!

I really struggled with this challenge theme, having no appropriate stamps (or so I thought until I saw some of the brilliant, out-of-the-box makes from my teamies).  Then, out of nowhere, inspiration struck...



I blended some soft yellow ink in the centre of my card panel and over the top of this stamped the sun rays using a Wplus9 stamp and some distress oxide ink.  That's my "in the sun" bit.  The sun glasses were cut with a Paper Smooches die from black glitter card and some plain black card. I adhered the pieces together before coating the lenses with glossy accents.

I stamped the holly using some accessory stamps from a My Favourite Things Christmas set (the Elves) and coloured them with Copics.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment from another MFT set, cut a banner and put the whole lot together.

I do hope you can play along with us this month.  You can check out the challenge details and the brilliant inspiration projects the CaSSettes have made here.

Here's hoping for some sunshine for all of us.

Tracey x

4 comments:

Chris said...

I think you inspired us all with this brilliant card Tracey!
xx

Tracy said...

What a brilliant idea! You rocked that theme Tracey. I want some of those glittery glasses. LOL

Rocky said...

Absolutely brilliant idea for this challenge, love it!

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

Sounds like you have been having exactly the same weather as us recently. Rain, thunder and lightening but we have had some glimpses of sunshine in-between.

Loving your card .. .. a great take on the theme.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx