I made this card quite some time ago but didn't get around to posting it.
I stamped the image (from Altenew) onto a white mat cut with a stitched square die. I then took the Altenew Alphas die, placed the letters m and u directly over the image and cut them out. I cut the letters again from craft foam and adhered this to the back of the image pieces.
I cut a square of patterned paper and adhered this to my card, adding a square doily on top. I then used double sided tape to stick the main image on top of that. The last step was to fit the letter pieces into the spaces on the card and glue them down.
I'm really quite pleased with the way this turned out.
No school for me from today, so we're trying to teach the kids remotely. Sadly the system can't cope with the number of people using it so it's all been a bit hit and miss. Still, much better to have the children and staff safely at home and not contributing to the spread of this dreadful virus. Here in Scotland all non-essential shops have now been asked to close.
Stay safe and well.

7 comments:
This is so pretty! Love how you did the Mum die cut. What a great idea with the square doily too!
Absolutely beautiful, the raised letters give such a lovely effect.
Stay safe and keep healthy.
xx
This is such a pretty card, I love it. Lovely colours too.
Hope you have fun with the yellow combo, you might need to do a bit of tip to tip with the Y00 and Y21 ;)
Sending love to you and yours and hoping you are all ok xx
Hi Tracey
Love your card very much .. .. I treated myself to an alphabet set that was in a sale a couple of weeks ago especially to try this technique. Hope mine turns out to look as good as yours!
Thanks for asking about the "kids". Our youngest son lives local and because he does student support at the local college part-time he is working from home (hopefully writing some good tunes the rest of the week). The London kids are a bit different. My DIL is at home (but got called in the other day) and our eldest son is doing alternate weeks between home and the workplace. Part of his job is calibrating breathing apparatus for the fire service and he can't do that from home .. .. .. and they need the breathing apparatus. I worry about the London ones the most as the youngest is only going out once a week to his local shop about 200 yards away.
Scary times isn't it Tracey!
Love and hugs
Jules xx
Beautiful card, I love this effect and you have done it beautifully. Take care xx
What a stunning card Tracey! LOVE this hun. So effective with the raised sentiment in the design. This is SO pretty! Hugs, Wends xoxo
Oh, Tracey this is so beautiful, gorgeous card for your Mum..
Luv CHRISSYxx
Post a Comment