The weather here may still be a mixed bag of sunshine one minute, gales the next, but the drive to work is made infinitely more cheery by the banks of glorious daffodils everywhere, a sure sign that Spring is on it's way.
Our latest challenge at Sweet Stampin' is all about Spring and/or Easter and to help you Wends has created a fabulously pretty mood board. I picked up on the yellow in the daises (and the daffs here, of course!) to make my DT card:
I used a Pinkfresh stamp and stencil combo to create the floral panel, which I then cut twice using stitched rectangle dies. I thought a sentiment would look a bit lost on the busy background so opted to stamp onto a strip of heavyweight vellum and wrap it round the central panel. Don't get me started on the 7 kinds of trouble I had with that, from finding the right ink to wrapping the strip around and keeping it straight! I popped up the smaller rectangle with foam tape and added some yellow and white dots just to finish it all off.
It would be great if you could join us this fortnight. All the details, along with my Teamies' fabulous inspiration makes, are on the Sweet Stampin' challenge blog.
Happy Spring everyone!
xxx
2 comments:
Beautiful stamping and stencilling- perfect colours for spring, the yellow and green look so fresh on the white background- the vellum strip looks lovely- it was worh the struggle!
xx
I really adore this beautiful card. Those lemony hues are so delish! Spring joy right there! Hugs, Wends xoxo
Post a Comment