Saturday, 19 July 2025

Anything but a Square

Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this one is all about shape - any shape, in fact, as long as it's not a square.  So we'd like to see your take on non-square card designs.

I decided to use a recently bought die and stencil set  which I thought would make a lovely easel card.  The all-in-one die cuts out the entire image in one pass, so all I had to do was colour it and make the easel base.  




I stencilled the image first using a mixture of inks in my stash, then cut it. I also cut two other layers from white cardstock and glued all 3 together to give the image panel some strength.  I used Concord and 9th Powder cardstock to create the easel (I find their cardstock to be quite a good weight for card  bases). I cut the card in half length ways and folded it in half to create an A2 card base.  I then scored and folded the front of the cardbase about halfway up.  I then glued just the lower portion of the die cut panel to the folded section.

I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock and attached this to the inside of the card using foam squares.  The card folds flat for posting but the sentiment panel acts as a stopper to keep the die cut panel upright.  I added a few pearls for a tiny touch of bling and although I contemplated adding some tone on tone stamping to the base, I decided that less was more.

Next time I think I'll try this with acetate to get a completely see-through front panel.

We'd love you to play along with our challenge this fortnight.  The Sweeties have some fabulous inspiration over at the Sweet Stampin' challenge blog and you'll find all the challenge details over there too.

Enjoy your weekend! 

xxc

1 comment:

Chris said...

Just stunning!!! xx