This challenge was completely out of my comfort zone and I readily admit that I found this one really difficult. I settled on the image straight away as it's one of my favourites, but I struggled to find the right colours in my stash.
The ribbon is adorable but I've had it ages and can't remember where I got it. I loved it from the minute I saw it but it's been sitting in my ribbon box until now as I never make cards in these colours. Apart from Tilda and the ribbon, though, I was stuck.
Tilda is stamped with Memento ink onto Craftwork Cards white card and I've coloured her with Copics and Promarkers - I prefer Copics for skin tones but I love Promarkers for blending larger areas of colour. I softened the edges of the card and paper with distress inks after cutting out the shapes with my Nestie dies.
I eventually found the dark brown paper among the last couple of remaining sheets of a Basic Grey 6 x 6 pack. The bluey greeny paper is Bo Bunny from the Back to Basics range and this was the nearest colour I had to turquoise paper-wise. The "best friend" embellie is by KI Memories and the flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts. Amazingly, I didn't have any turquoise flowers - I say amazingly because over the course of the summer holidays I think I've bought most of their online store! So I took some pale blue roses and went at them with my promarkers and there's no denying, they're turquoise now!
Take care,
Tracey x

3 comments:
This is such a simple card but so very sweet. Your base paper looks like it has a sheen to it that I really like. Thanks for entering the MSL challenge, please stop and play with us again.
wonderful card!! love how you colored Paris Tild and all the flowers you have on your card!!
Great job!!
Thanks for joining us at MSL!
Hugs
Vivi
Great job! Thanks for joining us at MSL and hope you can join us for our 08/29 fall colors challenge.
Post a Comment