Monday, 8 November 2010

One for the Girls

This card is for the Lili of the Valley Challenge, which this week is "One for the Girls".  I've kept the layout very simple as the paper is quite busy.


The colours aren't perhaps the most girlie I could have chosen, but irl the wee girl's coat looks like suede or sheepskin!  The background papers are Basic Grey and I stamped the Magnolia "Silent Night" stamp onto watercolour paper and distressed it to within an inch of its life.  This is just peeping out behind my LotV stamp, which also got the distress ink treatment.  I coloured it with Copics and added a shed load of Glamour Dust to her hood and scarf and also to some dots of glue to make it look like it's snowing.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearls are from the Glitter Pot.

Just a quickie tonight as I've got loads to do before the last of Spooks.  Can't believe Wagner is still in - maybe I should start my own Facebook campaign, or maybe I should just get out more!

Enjoy your evening!

Hugs

Tracey T x

3 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

A really lovely card.

Love your backing papers and especially the music script.

They compliment your beautiful image so well.

Love Jules xx

Elise said...

Tracey! What a STUNNING creation! I love how you've kept it "simple" and yet it looks absolutely DIVINE!! Love the colors and those flowers are beautiful!

Big Hugs,
Elise

CraftyC said...

Hi Tracey, I love your card and the papers are gorgeous. Totally agree with you, get Wagner out, not fait on the serious artists is it!
Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge, enjoy the rest of your week!
Clairex