Thursday, 30 December 2010

Stamp Something Tag/Pocket Challenge & Lovely hAnglar Only Book Mark

Brace yourselves, dears - it's going to be a long one!

You can tell I'm almost back to normal - another card completed, but right at the last minute! Today's card is for two challenges:-  the Stamp Something Challenge which is looking for a card with a tag or a pocket and the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge, which is to make a book mark. You can just see the book mark peeping out from the pocket in this photo.  And there are quite a few photos, I'm afraid - it's been almost dark here all day so getting a decent piccie has been a bit of a pain.



I've used a beautiful double-sided Prima paper which I've been hoarding and stroking for ages and I folded it to create two pockets at the front.  There is a tutorial on You Tube on how to create this folded card and if anyone wants it, just let me know and I'll look it up.



The book mark has been made using the same papers and cut out with Nestie rectangle dies. I used my new hAnglar stamps which I got on Ebay recently - I love the fact that although the stamps are coming from hAnglar and stAnglar in Sweden they arrive more quickly than if you'd bought them in the UK!   I coloured the images with my Copics and cut them out, putting one on the card and the other on the book mark. 



Finally I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and added some ribbon by American Crafts to the book mark.

As for the Hogmanay preparations, I've decided to go with a buffet  - I'm feeding almost as many kids as adults and it'll be standing room only in my wee house, so it seems to make sense.  I'm doing a ham with an orange and ginger glaze, a curry from one of my Gordon Ramsay books (my son's request - if you like a good Ruby, I recommend this one!) and the usual buffet bits and pieces for people to pile on their plates, plus rice and naan for the curry eaters.  I've made meringues this afternoon and provided my son doesn't keep going back to the tin to eat them all, the plan is to put them out with some poached pears, whipped cream and chocolate sauce for people to build their own pud.  I'm also making a chocolate brownie cake for the kids and my friend Elaine is making a fruit salad for the Righteous and a sticky toffee pudding and toffee sauce for the rest of us! 

Tomorrow morning I'll be cleaning like a woman possessed and from about lunchtime I'll be cooking and looking forward to a G&T once everything is ready and I've got my face on!

Whatever you're doing for New Year, have a fabulous time!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

1 comment:

Fiona said...

omg Tracey sounds like it's gonna be some party at yours tomorrow night. what a nice way to see the bells in...with all your friends and family and you still had time for your hAnglars...so cute!!

Happy New Year and see you on Saturday for our Sweet Stampin challenge....woo hoo!!

Fi
x