Just when you thought it would be some months before you saw another Christmas card, here's an early one for Christmas 2011! Actually this is for the Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge, which is to make a Christmas card and I thought I'd also put it into the Just Magnolia and hAnglar stAnglar challenge, which is Anything Goes.
I got this hAnglar set on Ebay and it's one of my favourites to colour. I used my Copics on the girl and boy but stamped the images again onto Memory Box Mistletoe papers and cut out the triangles for the bunting. The background has been distressed with Walnut Stain ink and I used some Stickles on the pompoms.
The background paper is Basic Grey, the flowers and pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used a Magnolia Doohickey die to cut the lace strip and tag; the sentiment is an Anna Griffin rub on.
Had a lovely "last night of the holidays" with Gregor - we snuggled up on the sofa to watch "Up" on DVD. It was lovely and cosy with the fire roaring and the dog snoring away in the background. If you haven't seen it, I thought it was a fabulous film for kids and adults alike.
I'm going to try to get to bed at a reasonable time so that I'm ready for school tomorrow. I wonder what this term will bring?
Night night
Tracey xx
5 comments:
wow.. this card is adorable, i love the pretty papers and how you added the children together.
love
Claudia
Christmas?! Yeurgh! Love the cool card though. Have a great week. xxx
Wow you are off to a flying start this year with the Christmas cards! This is lovely!
Hope you have a good first day back today.
Lindsx
This is a gorgeous card Tracey and I love that image - nothing wrong in making another Christmas card, I intend to do them all year long this year to avoid last minute makes. Hope first day back at school goes well. Hugs, Claire x
Now that's what I call a head start!!! Gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx
Post a Comment