I so enjoyed making this! I chose white Bazzill for the base with Magnolia paper on top. I used a Lili of the Valley die cut for my image - I'd been hoarding this for ages in the hope that I'd get the opportunity to use it - and I went round three of the sides with my Martha Stewart lacy PATP. I went over bits of the image with a Quickie Glue Pen and put some Glamour Dust over the top.
The sentiment was just done on the computer and mounted on a scalloped Nestie rectangle, with a tiny gem in each corner. The flowers are from the one and only Wild Orchid Crafts and they got a squirt of pearl Glimmer Mist to give them a bit of sparkle, although it's not really showing up in the piccie.
And that's my card! I've finally finished getting the house back to normal after last night's do. We had a lovely clear night here - one of those nights when the stars all seem really bright - so we all went outside at midnight and set free some wishing lanterns. I was amazed at just how high they went and the kids were fascinated by them. I'd only ever seen them on TV before so it was lovely to watch them floating over the fields until they became tiny brightly coloured dots in the sky. Definitely one of those moments you know you'll remember forever - aahh!
Hope that 2011 is memorable for you, for all the right reasons!
Hugs,
Tracey xx

12 comments:
Gorgeous card Tracey - lovely colourways and I adore this LOTV image. Hugs, Claire x
this is beautiful, I'm sure you're friend loved it. We counted 17 lanterns last night..they are so pretty!!
Fi
x
Hi Tracey
A really special card.
Those flowers look gorgeous alongside your gorgeous image.
I wish you a really happy 2011.
Love Jules xx
Happy New Year Sweets!
I just love this card, I think it is stunning, just stunning. Hope you get a little me time before school kicks in again...
xxx
Oh Tracy this is just lovely...I love this image..such a wonderful wedding image and sooo cute xx
Thank you for you good wishes sweetie, wow you have created a fabulous card here, I love the colour scheme and your perfect colouring
Happy 2011
Hugs Jacqui xx
Oooooh Tracey! This is GORGEOUS! I love the soft colors of this and your colouring is beautiful!!!! Just WOW!!!! Love it!!! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Elise
A happy New Year to you too, Tracey! Love the card - great use of space and soft colours - beautiful!
Wow wow wow this is just stunning dear love it
Have a great New Year
Hugs
Jacqui xxx
wow Tracey this is so beautiful i just love this stamp its gorgeous xx
What a gorgeous card Tracey! I love this image!
Welcome on board at Sweet Stampin' I'm looking forward to working with you
Linds x
Beautiful card, those roses just add the perfect touch! Thank you for playing along with us at the LOTV challenge!
Post a Comment