Over at Sweet Stampin' we have a FABULOUS challenge for you this week! We would like you to try something new - a new technique, maybe, or perhaps Santa brought you some new crafty kit that you haven't been able to play with yet? Now's your chance!
For my first ever DT card (can you tell how excited I am ... still!) I decided to dust off the old sewing machine. Once upon a time, when I was just a poor student, I used to make my own clothes. Later on I used the machine to make curtains and cushion covers - nothing too complicated, just straight up and down stuff! Apart from that, the old machine has been languishing, forgotten, in a cupboard ... until now!
I used Bazzill for my base and Memory Box Mistletoe papers matted onto more Bazzill. I stuck the paper down with d/s tape before I stitched it and apart from a couple of dodgy corners, managed to get the stitching reasonably straight. A little crafty tip - don't drink red wine while trying to do anything which requires a straight line!
My little hAnglar girl was coloured with Copics; I cut her out and only put a strip of tape in the middle of the image so that I could bring her feet forward a little bit. Apart from that, I just added some adhesive pearls and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.
My lovely teamies at Sweet Stampin' have made some beautiful cards to inspire you, so hop on over here to have a look!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Tracey x
11 comments:
Tracey, this card is so, so pretty, I love the papers you've paired with the lovely Hanglar.
Have a wonderful weekend. xxx
gorgeous card Tracey...perfect stitching and such a cute little image..need to get a couple of those I think!!
Fi
x
Oh she's so gorgeous, I love all the layers and what a fabulous colour scheme And a huge WOW for the stitching (I can't stitch a thing!). What a DT debut! Well done xx
P.S. I recommend drinking white wine when crafting, it doesn't stain ;-) and after a couple of glasses you won't care if your lines are straight anyway!
Such a stunning card! I wish i could sew straight like you!
Enjoy the weekend
Linds x
This is fabulous. Lovely colouring and papers.
Hugs
Valxx
That's absolutely gorgeous Tracey!!! Great job!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my blog candy.
I hope you will return ...
big hugs for you...Claudia
Hi Tracey
Thank you for taking time to see me today xoxoxo
hugs
Claudia
How lovely!!! These colors together are beautiful and I love those roses!!! ;)
Oh wow, this is an absolutly stunning card! Beautiful! Donna x
Hi sweetie, what a gorgeous creation adorable image and gorgeous colours and layout, big hugs love Pops x x x
Gorgeous card, love those backing papers and the way you've used them to add the wonderfull texture to your creation.
Post a Comment