Over at Sweet Stampin' this week we have a FAB challenge - make your card using the colours Red, White and Blue. Jump over and see what my DT Teamies have made - all those bright colours are just what's needed on a grey February day!
After my rant about over-priced hAnglars on Ebay last Sunday I'm pleased to say that my NORMAL PRICE hAnglars arrived within a couple of days of me ordering them. Perfect timing for my Sweet Stampin' card!
I suppose this card is quite plain - for me, at least - there are no flowers (wot? no flowers?!) and that's very unlike me. However, I did paper-piece the clothes using some Magnolia red check and blue gingham Lili of the Valley papers. The large fabric brads are Making Memories and are years old and the Love sticker is so old there is no trace on the sheet of who made it! The colouring was done with the old Copics and I edged the card with Broken China distress ink.
We've got a long weekend, thank goodness. The kids don't actually go back to school until Thursday but we're in Tuesday and Wednesday for training and meetings. Off to a party tonight - taking Gregor with me as most of my friends have kids and we just let them party till they drop!
Whatever you're doing this weekend, enjoy!
Big hugs
Tracey
8 comments:
Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, have a great weekend hugs pops x x x
Fab card Tracey - I love those Hanglar images - so adorable. Hugs, Claire x
this is stunning i love their outfits xxx
Hi Tracey
A beautiful card.
Gorgeous little characters that look brilliant paperpieced.
Great sentiment too.
Enjoy your long weekend!!!
Love Jules xx
I don't think it's plain hon, I think it's lovely. I love the slightly muted red/blue that you've used.
Enjoy your long weekend. Mine are off until a week on Tuesday, might even manage a lie in!
Hugs xx
So, so very sweet Travey. Love these stamps and the paper piecing looks fab. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Clairexx
It's not plain at all, in fact I think it's rather lovely. The Hanglars are soooo sweet. Have a great week Hun.xxx
hey Tracey...gorgeous card ...cute stamps and they are far too expensive on ebay...not sure why people would buy them there when you can order them online!!
Fi
x
Post a Comment