Thursday, 31 March 2011

Mothers Day Magnolia

Only one more day to go and then we've got 2 weeks off school (apart from 1 day when I'm doing study support for some of the kids who have exams soon).  I must admit, as much as I love my job, I'm looking forward to getting some time at home.  A major spring clean is on the cards, I think!

You might remember that I did a bit of stash shopping recently (understatement of 2011) and I treated myself to some Magnolia stamps and Prima papers (among other things!).  Well I made myself cut into this gorgeous Prima paper and I think it goes quite well with my new Tilda.


I went for another easel card because I just like making them! I also think they show off the DP really well.  I used my Timmy thingy on the Bazzill base and on the DP and edged everything with Walnut Stain distress ink.  Tilda has been cut out with a Nellie's die and coloured with Copics; I added some stickles to the flower centres and the frill on her dress.  I threaded American Crafts peachy pink ribbon through the holes in the die cut and tied this in a ribbon at the bottom. I used the same ribbon on top of the lovely lace which I got from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I added another bow to use up the last bit of ribbon and put a flower in the centre.  The flowers are also from WOC, as are the pearls in the corners of the card. 

Finally the little sentiment was free in a magazine - I just added a pearl to match the others on the card.

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:-


Enjoy your evening and thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Tracey xx

14 comments:

Mina said...

wow what a stunner of a card Tracey, gorgeous use of your new stash...thanks for joining in with our Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

Gorgeous work with a lovely vintage feel.

Loving the colours you have worked with here and the way you have used your ribbon.

Hope you enjoy your two weeks off work. I bet you have a list of things you want to do that would last two months!!!! I know I would have.

Love Jules xx

Fiona said...

WOW Tracey this is fab!! Gorgeous paper...our schools have another week and then they are off for 2!!

Fi
x

Claire said...

Lucky you, we don't break up for our holidays until next Friday - which is great actually, as when we go back we only have a 3 day week, followed by a 4 day week, then followed by only 3 weeks until the next half term! YAY! Great card hun - love the papers and the soft colours. Gorgeous! Hugs, Claire x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Tracy, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Elise said...

Hi Tracey! Wow! Oh gosh, I am in love with these soft pretty colors and your card is truly STUNNING!!!! SoooOOoo BEAUTIFUL!!! Your colouring is wonderful, I love the lace and all those lovely flowers .. everything is soooOoo sweet!

Love,
Elise

Faye said...

Tracey, this is gorgeous, really, really pretty. I want it. xxx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie I really need try to catch up with my commenting so while they are in the showers.....not together of course hubby in 1 & youngest in the other lol. I thought I would pop on & try catch up a wee bit. This my sweetie is sooooo beautiful I love those papers I'm really getting addicted to Prima papers they are just strokable....dont like cutting them tho ;0( Hope you had a fabulous day today shug I'm not sure when my kiddo's break up but gosh I hope its realllllllyyyy soon I love it when they are home its too quiet when they're not here.... Take care sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

You continuously astound me with your gorgeous creation hon & this is just as divine as all your others. Well, a girl's gotta shop hey!

Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love this hunni.... I love the papers totally fabby and yes they match perfectly!! xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Tracey :) Thanks so much for popping over to my blog to say HI! xx

Your card is so beautiful and your blog is just full of gorgeousness!

hugs

xxalisonxx

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Tracey and the papers are so pretty. Enjoy your school holidays!
Clairexx

Berry said...

So very pretty! Thanks for sharing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

Lindsey said...

Beautiful Tracey! I think you did a great job with the Timmy thing and I love the easel style, so pretty!
Linds x