Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge - Spring

Why, when I'm off school for a fortnight, is it still a rush for me to get my challenge entries in on time?  I fancied having a go at this week's Lili of the Valley Challenge with its theme of Spring and then time started to run away with me, so I opted for a bit of a McCheat and used one of their lovely die cut images.  I undestand that LotV are going to introduce some more designs to their range shortly and I can already hear my debit card giggling away in my purse...



I gave the edges of the die cut image a good going over with the much used Timmy thingy and then sponged some Broken China distress ink over the top.  I added some Glamour Dust to the picture because I have to have some bling in there somewhere!  The Bazzill card base has been covered with Panduro Tilda paper from the Frosted Bluegreen pack; I then added more Bazzill followed by a square of blue paper from the K&Co Julianne set.  The seam binding and lovely lace were from Wild Orchid Crafts and I added a Dovecraft brad to the centre of the bow.  I put some WOC flowers at top of the image square and put a few blobs of Icicle Stickles on some of the petals.  The little white pearls are also from WOC.





I also decorated the inside of the card using the same Panduro Tilda paper. The "homemade" circle is from the same paper pack and the jotting spot is just a circle of watercolour card.

And that's it.  I've got a few more cards on the go as I'm trying to make the most of having some time to craft over the next few days.  If the weather improves I'll hopefully be able to get outside to tidy up in the garden, but I'll be just as happy if the rain keeps me indoors with my stash!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

6 comments:

Marcea said...

This is so gorgeous!!!!! What a sweet image and lovely colours. Thankyou for joining us on LOTV this week
-x-

Faye said...

Oooh it's nice to see a bit of blue and that lace is such a nice touch, giving a lovely rich feel. xxx

Jules said...

Hi Tracy

Halfway through a post when it disappeared so if you end up with one and a half comments from me just ignore the half!! LOL!!!

I am taking it I should be hoping for rain for you then so you can get more crafting done?

You have shown one very beautiful card today. Gorgeous both inside and out.

Love everything about it!!

Love Jules xx

Vicky said...

WOW sweetie this is gorgeous I love the image & who cares if you cheated you've still put the hard work into making this card beautiful. I totally agree about the bling....a girl needs her bling & to be honest it makes the image stand out even more it really does look stunning shug. I love it inside & out bootiful

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

Oh I know what you mean about about the old credit card lol.. This card is adorable and I love the inside too xx

Claire said...

Such a pretty card Tracey and the inside is lush too. Hugs, Claire x