Fact: I did not find this challenge easy! I'm talking about this week's Lili of the Valley Challenge, which is Peach and Green. Normally I would say that this is just my sort of challenge, soft girly colours, possibility of using lots of flowers etc. In fact, it got off to a terrific start as I knew just which peachy coloured paper I was going to use. After that, however, things went rapidly downhill!
I couldn't find a green paper which didn't clash with the peach and my other peach papers were either too pink or too orange. Or I'm too fussy! Eventually found a strip of grey-green K&Co paper and stuck this on.
I chose my Lili of the Valley stamp and coloured it with Copics. Didn't like it. Stamped again and coloured image with Prismas. Better, but the green was all wrong. Started again. Tried a different image, coloured with Prismas. Liked this better. Decided to sponge round the edges with some distress ink. Made a complete pig's ear of it and had to chuck the thing.
Decided to go back to one of the others I had coloured - the one with the "wrong" green. Found another K&Co sheet of green which matched the image a bit better. Carefully picked off the "wrong" green from the card and put the new green on. Are you still with me..? You've got more patience than I have then.
So, where was I? Oh, yes, I dismantled and rebuilt the card, stuck the image on and hauled out the boxes (yes, there are boxes, plural, I'm afraid) of flowers. Could I find a peachy colour? Obviously, I've got peach coloured flowers (I thought I'd got every colour known to man, truth be told) but sadly, I discovered I hadn't got the peachy colour I wanted today. I tried green - didn't like that. Back to peach. Nope. Took some ivory flowers and gave them a doing with some distress ink - yes, the same ink which was responsible for the chucking of the image I liked - and managed to get the wee flowers peachy enough. It didn't work with the larger flowers though, so I decided to go with an existing peach one.
Don't even get me started on the trouble I had taking a photo! It's been almost dark here all day and I'm not the best photographer in the world, so the picture isn't great. Irl the ribbon is peach but it looks bright pink here! And just to add insult to injury, as I look at the picture now I see that one of the little roses has fallen off!
There's been no sun to go over the yardarm, so I'm off to put the kettle on. I'll be having a skinny-vodka-valium-choca-mocha.
Stay sane!
Tracey xxx
10 comments:
not your day then Tracey?? The card looks fab BTW and the image is totally fab!! Sometimes 2 contrasting are best so I think it's great....but I would still have the skinny vodka thingy!!
Fi
x
Sweetie I know I shouldn't but I'm telling ya I've just nearly peed my pants reading this lol. Honestly what a commotion you have had shug rofl......sorry I cant stop chuckling here lol. Do you know what tho I'm not a peachy person I dont mind green but orange/peach well I cant even remember if I've done that colour I've certainly not done it with green. If I can find the time I may enter the challenge......unless I have as many probs as you then I may just erm...not bother lol.
Your card is gorgeous tho hun & the image is coloured perfectly I have to say totally love the image.
Hope your choccy vodka caffeine calmer dooner drink helped ya hinny lol.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Hey sweetie this is just stunning, loving your fresh colours, gorgeous, hugs pops x x x
Awwww Tracey what a day!!!! well hun you have more patience than me!!!I have given up with a lot less provocation!!! but your trials were well worth it your card is stunning!!! I know what you mean about the "wrong" peach! with me it's lavender, can't be too blue or too pink!
Well done, that skinny-vodka-valium-choca-mocha is well deserved!!
hugs
jacqui p xx
P.s can you send the recipe it's sounds gooooood!!! he he!!
My lovely, I soooooooooooo feel your pain. Been there, done that, I'm bringing the choccies up! BTW, I think you're being hard on yourself, this card is lurverly. xxx
LOL oh dear Tracey seems like you have had a bit of a traumatic experience with this card hun! However don't be so hard on yourself as the colours match absolutely find, the image is perfectly coloured and everything is as it should be - a lovely card. Isn't it funny how us crafters have days when we are not happy with what we have produced - but this is just fab! Hugs, Claire x
Oh I did struggle with the colour combo myself Tracey :) Everything either looked orange or too pink for me too. I only settled on the DP I used because it said on the back 'peach spots' so I knew it was officially peach! LOL :D
Gorgeous image and your colouring is fab. Love the seam binding and the layout too.
hugs
xxalisonxx
Gosh Tracey
What a lot of time and effort you have put into this creation (you deserve to do well in the challenge for sheer determination).
It has turned out lovely.
Love Jules xx
Lol Tracy, what you like. Think we all get days like that but your card is still beautiful and nothing you can do about the lighting. Enjoy your new stamps when they come threw. The "additions" are fab and I've still a few to collect. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge and enjoy the rest of your week!
Clairexx
OMG Tracey .. I am STILL cracking up laughing!!! I'm so sorry, but you had me in stitches reading your post!!! LOL! You know what though? I've had lots of times like these and I know how you feel. Sometimes I get so frustrated I feel like just throwing all my papers out the window! haha!
Well, your card turned out MARVELOUS! I loooove the colors and your colouring is just PERFECT! It's beautifully decorated, and this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
Thank you for making me smile and giggle!!! Hope you enjoyed your drink! lol!!!
Big Hugs,
Elise
Post a Comment