Thursday, 7 April 2011

Lovely hAnglar Only & Just Magnolia & hAnglar stAnglar Challenges

A brighter day here today at last but still quite cold outside.  That was my excuse, anyway, for not going and tidying up in the garden!  Don't think I'll get away with it again, though - there's so much to do and the first few days of the April holiday have flown by.

At last I got to use my lovely papers from the Basic Grey Curio pad.  I love these 6" x 6" papers as the edges look as though they've been inked and the colours are gorgeous.  I really liked the sound of the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge (a portrait and sketch) and thought that the vintage look of these papers would be ideal.  I'm also entering it in the Just Magnolia/hAnglar stAnglar Challenge which is Anything Goes + the option of adding buttons.



I followed the instructions from a Magnolia magazine on how to stamp head and shoulders only without looking like part of the picture has been cut off.  I used a Pink Petticoat CD tin under my watercolour card and it worked like a charm - you just make sure that the lower part of your stamp falls beyond the edge of the tin or lid.  I coloured the image with Copics and cut her out with an oval Nestie which I inked with Vintage Photo to make it look nice and tatty!


I used a Marianne die to cut the lacy border and put a smaller oval Nestie, also inked, in the middle.  I added pearls and buttons from my stash to the top corners and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts to the bottom of the card and at the sides of the image.



The inside of the card has been lined with matching Curio paper and I just added an inked up Nestie oval for the jotting spot.

I hope you like this - I do like me hAnglars and I really enjoyed being able to take my time over this one.

Right, I suppose I'd better do something about getting some dinner on the table (preferably via a plate).  Have a lovely evening,

Tracey xx

5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, a gorgeous creation hugs pops x x x

CraftyC said...

Hi Tracey, another gorgeous card you have created. First time I've used these papers to and they are lush. Hate to say but we had 24 degrees down here today, totally gorgeous and I even made hubby take me for a pub lunch. No cooking for me tonight lol!
Clairexx

Mina said...

wow beautiful card Tracey, I love the vintage look of it and the inside is just as beautiful...thanks for joining in with our Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx

Vicky said...

Me again sweetie playing catch up as I dont like missing your cards. I'm glad I am catching up cus this is a stunner I love how you've done the image I've never had a go at that yet but it looks fabulous. I love this pad of papers I will have to get another pad ready tho for when I run out lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Faye said...

Loving the rich colours on this one, luuuuurrrrrverly. xxx