Friday, 22 July 2011

Christmas in July!

This is the first Christmas card I have made this year although I know that some of you started your cards months ago!  I decided to make an easel card, partly because I haven't made one for a while and partly because I had two pieces of this lovely Basic Grey paper left and could find anything else to go with them!


I used a Martha Stewart PATP to make the borders and the large snowflakes are Spellbinders. The sentiment is a sticker from the AMM Herbanella range which I must have had for YEARS!


The image is one of my favourite Lili of the Valley Christmas stamps and I coloured it with Copics and added some Stickles to the star and Flower Soft Polar White to the ground and the pompoms on her hat and scarf.  No flowers this time, but I put some Wild Orchid Crafts pearls on the tree.  I'm going to enter this into the CES Challenge (Christmas) and Paper Sundaes (Christmas in July)

I'm still faffing with my TOMIC Nautical entry - it's not going well - but I hope to be back later with the finished thing.

The Boy Wonder and I are off to see my lovely Marianne this afternoon; she had her first dose of chemo combined with Herceptin yesterday. I spoke to her on the phone this morning and she sounded remarkably chirpy considering.  Gregor is best friends with her eldest son and they both start high school in August.   I think we are all quite good at doing our bit in donating to Cancer Research etc. but it really brings it home to you when it affects someone close.  My lovely pal is only 39, has 3 kids and has never, as long as I've known her, said an unkind thing about anyone.  No matter whatever or whoever you believe in, maybe you could now and again send some positive thoughts in Marianne's direction.

Right, off to throw something on the table for himself!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Donna said...

Too cute Tracy and fabulously festive, your easel design is beautiful...thanks for joining in our Christmas challenge at CES this week :) Donna x

Claire said...

Adorable card Tracey - lovely image and great Christmassy colours. Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! There is so much I love about it - the snow flakes, the fabulous stitching, the lovely papers...

Milliesmarvels said...

This is adorable! The image is really cute! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
Jane
x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous hun....!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

stunning card tracey.i love the image and your colours and papers are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Sending hugs for you and your amazing friend. I think this is a lovely card but I'm not feeling festive yet! xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Firstly & most importantly positive thoughts, hugs & all best wishes for Marianne & her family & hugs for you too. It's hard seeing wonderful friends go through something like this.

Now not to sound smug at all (!) but I've been making my Christmas cards since January & have a lovely stash ready to go!! Love your first Christmas card though, so pretty Hugs xx