Saturday, 13 August 2011

An afternoon of paper stroking...

is what I have to look forward to if I can get all of my housework done!  I've been having a little spend (as you do) as I practically have a panic attack if I think I'm running out of my favourite papers.  To be honest, "running out" actually means being down to 2 sheets of said paper.  I'm saving having a stock-up of my flowers for when I get back from York next week - that will be my "end of school holidays" treat, I think.

Anyway, why am I here?  Oh, yes, favourite papers!  A perfect example of this is in my card for today.  I adore these Girls Paperie papers as you've probably realised, as I use them so often! I love the soft colours and floral patterns and the fact that they are double sided makes them even more perfect!

I followed the sketch for the challenge over at Magnolia Stamp Lovers and stamped and masked Tilda with Lamb so that I could put the barrow behind her.  All of the colouring has been done with Copics and I added just the tiniest touch of Glamour Dust here and there.

All of the edges have been distressed using a combination of inks to get a slightly grungy, worn look.  The old Doohickey die has been used again to make a border around the card - it's a fiddly exercise, but I rather like it.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the little ribbon in the top left hand corner was from a pack I got from Lakeland more years ago than I care to remember.

I'm putting this card into the following challenges:-

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Sketch
TOMIC - Masked images

The Boy Wonder and I are off for a mini-break in York next week and I'm really looking forward to getting him away from the X-Box! Hopefully the weather will be a bit better but there will be plenty to do regardless. I really want to do a Ghost Walk (they're very entertaining) and I also would like to go to the Dungeons but Gregor didn't like the Dungeons in Edinburgh because they were quite scary.  I think the Viking place is a must and there's also a Karting track, which is at the top of Gregor's list.  I think it does Gregor good to see life outside our tiny rural community and as I spent so many years in London I get a "city buzz" craving every now and again.  And of course, we can't go to York without popping into Betty's for tea - Faye, my love, I'll be having a cake for you while I'm there!

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Camilla said...

What a beautiful card Tracey! Love your edges!
Thank you for joining TOMIC this week.
Have a lovely afternoon!
Hugs, Camilla

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey. Lovely image and great papers and colour tones. Love it. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

That's the kind of afternoon I like too! Hope you're stroking stuff right now. This is a super doop pretty card, very feminine.
Hope you have a faberoony time next week. :)
xxx

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous card Tracey...and your colouring is just so fabulous too hun...!

have a super evening...hugs Vicky xx

Fiona said...

oh this is gorgeous...I know that feeling, running out of paper, I am down to a few sheets of one of mt favourites and I will need to order more too incase it gets discontinued...oh couldn't bare that!!

Fi
x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Tracey, love the colours and lovely papers. The edges are fabulous, lovely card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vivi Casale said...

absolutely cute and great take on the sketch! love the DP and your coloring!
Thanks for playing with us at MSL!
xxx
Vivi

coops said...

so beautiful tracey.your papers and colours are really pretty and i love your design and sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sweet card Tracey ! I agree with you : the papers are simply gorgeous ! Hugs x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love the image sooooo much. The papers are sooooo drool worthy. I know what you mean about getting low I start having panic attacks lol.
Oh York sounds soooooo fab can I come please my sweetie.....I would love to do ALL of those things!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is stunning i LOVE these colours, hugs pops x xx