Friday, 12 August 2011

An attempt at a Tag...

This is something I haven't done before - a tag.  I thought I'd give it a try for the Lovely hAnglar Only "Make a Tag" challenge and must admit I found it quite difficult to work with such a relatively small space.  Still, it's a first attempt so next time hopefully I'll make a better one!




I used a combination of Bazzill and Pink Paislee "Queen Bee" papers and cut out the layers with Nesties.  The edges were inked with Shabby Shutters and Mustard Seed distress inks apart from the image layer, which I inked and stamped using a Stempelglede grunge stamp and Pumice Stone DI. 


I've kept the embellies very simple, just some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts (ooh goodie, I'll need a restock of my stash soon, what a joy!), some Papermania adhesive pearls and a die cut which I coloured with a brown Copic pen.  The little hAnglar bug has also been coloured with Copics and I've added a little touch of Glamour Dust to the wings and lace on the shorts.

I made a card while I had the Queen Bee papers out and I'll post that in the next couple of days. 

Hope it's warmer where you are - it's like winter here!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Vicky said...

Just so cute Tracey and loving all the layers too hun...

have a lovely weekend..hugs Vicky xx

Claire said...

Great tag Tracey - love the image and great shape too. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is totally gorgeous hanglar looks fab hun I love it!! Awesome tag that you should be proud of hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is stunning i LOVE these colours, hugs pops x xx

CraftyC said...

I love your tag Tracey, nothing wrong with t at all. Thanks for you comment. Zoe went back to hospital, another cast.Long winded story but will be in tomorrows post.
Hugs
Clairexx

Nicolchen said...

Your TAG is just gorgeous :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at the lovely hÄnglar only Challenge ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Faye said...

It is a lovely tag, the papers go really well and as ever, your colouring is fab! xxx

coops said...

stunning tag tracey.love the shape and layers and gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is delightful Tracey and your colouring is stunning ! Hugs x

Iris Wiechmann said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for playing with us at LHO!

Hugs,
Iris