Sunday, 14 August 2011

Thank you Mum and Dad

The best laid plans ...  Sod's law ... More of that in a minute.  First I'd like to show you a card I've made for my mum and dad who are coming over to look after the dog, the house and the hens while the Boy Wonder and I have a few days away.

I might have mentioned that I'd had the old Pink Paislee "Queen Bee" pad out and I couldn't resist using it to make this thank you card.   I love these papers - lots of yellows, greens, golds and browns - a bit autumnal I suppose but I find them so versatile as well as pretty.

The image is a Lili of the Valley favourite and she's been coloured with Copics and given a good sprinkling of Glamour Dust.  I've kept the embellies to a minimum ( well, for me!) and have just used some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a Bazzill rub on sentiment.  The butterfly has been cut using a Cheery Lynn medium die and some left-over vellum.


I decorated the inside with more of the lovely papers which you can just see here.  I'm going to enter this card in this week's Lili of the Valley challenge, which is "Thank you".

It will be a bit quiet on the blog for a few days as I'm meant to be taking the Boy Wonder to York.  I say meant because today my car won't start.  It's not actually the car that's got the problem, but the key thingy - you know the sort, it's not actually a key but a thing with a battery and a chip in it and you just press a button to start the car.  And the battery in the thingy has died.  "Just get a new battery" I hear you cry in unison.  Hmm... well I would if there was such a thing as a place to buy batteries here.  I can get AAs and AAAs and the square ones you put in your smoke alarm but the key thingy takes a particular type of battery.  The type of battery which is normally to be found in a more specialist type of shop.  And shops are in rather short supply here.  The nearest M&S (forgive me for repeating myself, I know that this is a recurring theme of mine) requires a 100 mile round trip, not that they would have a battery for my key thingy.  And anyway, I can't get there because my car won't start.  And I'm meant to be driving to York tomorrow...

Have a lovely, stress-free week everyone!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, this is a beautiful and elegant card, love your papers, yes no wonder you couldn't resist them. Your parents will love it and have fun in York xxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Tracey - love those papers, such fab colours. Hope you get a battery sorted for your key thingy LOL and manage to get to York. Have a fab time. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, really lovely. the papers are gorgeous, very pretty.So sorry you are having a bad run with your car...that sux...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image & I sooo love the papers. I have this pad & I always forget about it.....there are a few drawers I always forget to look in & Pink Paislee is one which is a shame really.....I will give myself a kick.
I hope you manage to get your battery sorted hun so you can get away on your trip, it will do you both good hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

coops said...

wow this is beautiful tracey.gorgeous image and your colours and embellies are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

I hope you are in York! :) This card is scrummy. I love, love, love it. So pretty. xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creation ♥ Pops x x x

Jules said...

Oh Tracey this is stunning.

I love all the layers and the gorgeous colours.

Your image is coloured perfectly and your papers are beautiful.

I bet your Mum and Dad loved it!!

Love Jules xx