Sunday, 8 January 2012

I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

All of a sudden I seem to using blues in my cards - maybe it's the lack of blue sky or maybe it's because I'm so in love with the Magnolia papers I bought recently!

Here's another blue card that has been a work in progress throughout the course of the week.




I followed the sketch from this week's challenge at TOMIC and used the lovely Magnolia papers again. The card base is Bazzill and I cut a lacy border using my Martha Stewart PATP. I can't remember what the make of the die for the oval mat for Tilda - Marianne? Nellies?

Tilda is coloured with Copics but has also had a very liberal covering of Diamond Stickles.  I used the Doohickey swirls and mistletoe dies - you can just see the mistletoe sticking out from under the flowers, which as always are from Wild Orchid Crafts, along with the pearls and stamens.  All of the flowers had a little spritz of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist although I'm not sure how well it shows up in the photo. Finally I cut a tag using a Whiff of Joy die and added a Bazzill rub on sentiment.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

The Official Magnolia Challenge - Follow the sketch and use blue, white and glitter
Magnolia Down Under - Anything Goes
Totally Tilda - Thank You
CES Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes

Goodness, I don't think I've entered so many challenges in one go before!

Off to do a bit of school work now, then haggis for tea!

Have a lovely week and I'll try to get something made and posted mid-week if I can.

Hugs,

Tracey xx

20 comments:

Iulia said...

What a wonderful card, Tracey! Love the cold blues and the layout; everything is so beautifully put together!
Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia for our Anything Goes monthly challenge! Have a great 2012!
Hugs, Iulia

Irene Daryanto said...

What an amazing card, great coloring, nice take on Liza's sketch.
Thanks for joining TOMIC #31, Hope to see you again.
hugs from Indonesia, Irene

catherine said...

I love the delicate blue colours in this card. The image is fab
x catherine

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracey your card is ADORABLE ! Love the soft colours and the flowers are stunning ! Love the border around the card... Love everything actually ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image & loving the blue colour, blue on cards is my favourite colour so I certainly dont mind seeing lots of blue cards. Love the edging on this hun

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jules said...

A stunning make Tracey.

I love the soft delicate colours and all of those scrummy layers.

So many lovely elements and yet it doesn't look overcrowded .. . it looks perfect. Love it!!

You have a good week too.

Love Jules xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour & the LO!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

coops said...

wow this is so beautiful tracey.the delicate blue colours and gorgeous and fab sweet tilda and details ;D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Oh, oh, oh, I know this one, it's a song, right?! I'm loving your blue phase, (so long as it's not a reflection and you are feeling sad?) I can see why you love the papers. Anyway, this is pretty, very pretty. Mwah, mwah. xxx

Home sweet home said...

This is sooo cute and I love the image, the colours on the paper and the colouring are so fab.
Wonderful work:)

Wishcraft said...

So gorgeous Tracey! Love the image and pretty papers, fab layout and details too :o) I find I go through stages of using the same colour, usually without realising until they're all lined up on my blog! Lisa x

Unknown said...

Oh My - your card is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge of the year at Magnolia Down Under:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Louise said...

Hi Tracey!
Oh, this is so gorgeous!! Love it that you've been in a blue mood lately ;) Tilda is looking fabby, colored to perfection and your take on the sketch is lush :)
Thank you so much for joining us in MDUC this week!
Welcome back!
Hugs, Louise

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card - I love the colour blue as well! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Claire said...

Beautiful card - love the punchwork and detailing around the edge - just gorgeous. Hugs, Claire x

Teresa said...

What a sweet card Tracy, love the song title, thank you for joining in our 'Thank you' Challenge at Totally Tilda.
hugs Teresa xx

Victoria said...

Hi Tracey, thanks so much for visiting my blog earlier today. It means a lot. I love these gorgeous papers and that's a fab swirl. I really like the pretty punched edge to your card too.

Tracy said...

I just love that MS punch! It's so feminine and the perfect touch for this beautiful card. :-) Love all the pretty shades of blue and your image looks amazing!
I took one of my followers advice and finally switched over the Google Chrome--no more commenting problems. :-)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs!
Tracy

An Occasional Genius said...

Doesn't matter what colour you're using hon, it's another stunner of a card! Hope you're enjoying your weekend sweetie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, just gorgeous - lovely colour and great lacy border.

Sarah