Sunday, 1 January 2012

A New Year and a New Challenge

Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping that 2012 is a good year for all of us!  I don't really make New Year's Resolutions but I do hope that this year I can make some progress with the house - it's had a lot of work done to it but there's still a long way to go!  I'd also like to organise my time better; my work:life balance needs to be adjusted so that I can spend more time with the Boy Wonder before "Kevin the Teenager" syndrome really kicks in.

After a wee break for the holidays over at Sweet Stampin' we have a new challenge and what could be more appropriate than "New Beginnings" as a theme?  It can be any creative project as long as it's stamped and you can interpret "New Beginnings" however you wish - a new baby, job, home, a wedding - the choice is yours!

Team Abi and Fi are all pitching in this week as some of the Sweeties are off on their hols, so I made a new baby card as my stepdaughter is having her first baby in February.




I used my favourite Lili of the Valley baby image and coloured it with Copics.  The DP is a Magnolia 6"x6" and I've used a doily from Joanna Sheen as a mat for the image. The heart was cut from a Sizzix die and I've used the Magnolia swirls die behind it. I added a bow using ribbon from my stash and the charm is a little baby's bottle. 

Do hop on over to Sweet Stampin' if you have a moment and join in the fun.  It's the lovely Donna's last week as our Guest Designer and I would like to say what a pleasure it has been having her on board. Such a lovely lady.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone.  Sending you all a special New Year's hug!

Tracey xx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, I'm doing this all over blogworld at the mo - apologising for not visiting anyone's blogs!

Feels like ages since I was here last and looked at all your lovely creations and the snow pictures! I'm sure it must be gone by now but it looked gorgeous in your pics.

Hope you had a good Christmas and wishing you, and yours, a wonderful 2012.

It's been so nice getting to know you and all the other ladies at Sweet Stampin!

Best wishes,
Sarah

Claire said...

This is a really sweet card Tracey. Love it. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

Oooh, this is tooo pretty. Just love the paper you've used.

Happy New Year to you my Sweet. I hope you have a well desereved and wonderful 2012. xxx

Home sweet home said...

Happy New Year.:)
Beautiful card and the image is sooo sweet.:)

Pamela said...

Adorable card Tracey.

Happy New Year.

Pam x

catherine said...

Happy new year. This is such a sweet card and a beautiful image.

An Occasional Genius said...

Happy New year my fellow sweetie! So glad 2011 brought us together more & looking forward to more fun, friendship & laughter in 2012!! A beautiful card hon, can't believe you will be a (step) Grandma!!!

Hugs xx

Mina said...

oh wow Tracey what a perfect little sweetie, stunning card...I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and I wish you and your loved ones health, wealth and happiness for 2012
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card Tracey ! Love the soft colours and the doily ! And the image is too cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

coops said...

beautiful card tracey.the image is so sweet and i love your soft delicate colours ;D

xx coops xx

Elise said...

Oooh Tracey! I love this .. the colors are so soft and delicate .. so PERFECT for this gorgeous baby card!

Hugs,
Elise

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Cute image with gorgeous doily around.
Happy New Year!!
Hugs
Natali