Tuesday, 3 January 2012

New Year Fireworks

I thought I'd show you a card I made for my grandparents to say a combined "thank you" and "Happy New Year".



The DP is by Prima and I matted it onto Bazzill card.  I cut (another!) fence with my Doohickey die and added some ribbon a couple of pearls from my stash.



I used one of the Christmas Tildas and coloured her with Copics. She was with me too late for bonfire night but I thought she'd be great for New Year cards.  The fireworks were highlighted with gold Stickles and I put some Glamour Dust on her skirt and scarf.  Unfortunately I forgot to add some ribbon to the message tag before I took my photos - oops!

Papertake Weekly are having an "Anything Goes" challenge with an optional added "new something", so I thought this might fit the bill.

I can't believe I've only got another day before term starts - the last two weeks have just flown by! I had a little spend in the craft sales online so I'm looking forward to a couple of parcels arriving - mostly paper and a couple of stamps, but still exciting!

Hope to see you again before the end of the week.

Hugs

Tracey




14 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, just adore the lovely colours you have used.
Hugs
Sandra x

Wishcraft said...

Pretty pretty pretty! Sweet image and gorgeous papers too - I've ordered my first Prima papers and they've been despatched so fingers crossed they'll arrive tomorrow :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

Oooh so pretty! Such a sweet image, coloured perfectly, and gorgeous papers. Wonderful colour combo as well. Sarah

Home sweet home said...

Gorgoeus card, and I love the colours.And the image is so cute.:)

Chrissy said...

Very pretty Tracey, love the ribbon and sweet Tilda. Great colours and papers.

Luv CHRISSYxx

catherine said...

What a cute card and love the colours.
x catherine

Anonymous said...

This is so so sweet Tracey ! Love the ribbon and your colouring is stunning ! Great choice of colours too, I love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Claire said...

Lovely card hun - great image. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

gorgeous card tracey.i love the sweet image and your colours and design are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Hi Tracy

A really lovely card. Love the colours and your little fence in the background. What a lovely touch.

Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. That was really nice of you.

Love Jules xx

CraftyC said...

Hello Tracey, this is so sweet. Bet your grandparents loved it!
Clairexx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Tracey! I love your Tilda and beautiful colours and the design is fantastic! Thank you for your lovely comment:-)! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

Angie said...

Fabulous card love the image and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a clever card and looks awesome! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx