My Faculty Head wanted a birthday card for her mum, who likes playing golf and doing patchwork (hopefullly not at the same time), so out came golfing Tilda and my square Nesties. I was going to stitch the squares in patchwork style but will explain why I couldn't do this in a minute.
As you can tell, I've still got the MME Fine and Dandy Boy pad out! I used the gold toned papers to cut squares which I layered with Bazzill after inking all the edges with Walnut Stain DI. I added a length of faux crushed silk ribbon from my stash and a sentiment made with the new Whimsy stamps set. The roses are, of course, from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Here's a little peek at the inside...
So why didn't I go for the patchwork effect? Because we had no electricity! I got home from work to find that the power had gone off at lunchtime; Scottish Power didn't think we'd be back on until late into the night. A tractor had reversed into the pole at the top of the road; the driver evidently knew he'd hit the pole, but didn't realised he'd brought down a wire. He then drove over the wire, which got caught up in the rotors at the back of the tractor. As he drove away the caught wire pulled down the electricity pole, which fell onto the second pole, which fell onto someone's car (fortunately no one was hurt).
On the plus side, it meant that I wasn't tempted to do any blog hopping and couldn't do any school work, so I was able to get my card made, albeit by candle-light! I even made a box (there's a first!) to put it in!
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes
Tilda's Town - Anything Goes
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Hip to be Square
Huge hugs
Tracey xx

11 comments:
Hi Tracey - what a gorgeous card. Love your colour choices and the papers are wonderful - perfect colouring as well.
Sounds like you've had fun, not!, with the electricity. It's really weird here when the tricky goes out - nothing at all to do and then it gets pitch black and there's nothing to do but go to bed!!
Sarah
PS - I know just what you mean about the cats owning us - Peter is a complete softy when it comes to them and they have him wrapped around their little claws!!
One of our cats brought a snake home once - is that better or worse than headless rabbits? Ah and we also get lots of bits of mouse left around by another one of our lot!
Absolutely charming! Love the papers and roses and Tilda looks fabulous! Thank you so much for joining in our very FIRST Tilda's Town challenge! Good luck and I hope to see you back again!
Rene :D
P.S. Your card is also perfect for this challenge: http://magnolia-licioushighlites.blogspot.com/
Just perfect ,love the image and great colour choices.xxx
What a delightful card Tracey ! Love the cute image and your papers are stunning ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
love this tracey.your soft colours are beautiful and gorgeous sweet tilda :D
xx coops xx
This is just lovely, great image and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x
I dont think I have ever seen this image before, its excellent!
Love your cool papers and fab details too :)
We had a power cut this week, they just happen here eh? :) and often in storms it takes ages for them to find the fault. Longest we were down was 3 and half days last year, but we have a wee generator and that can run lights or a kettle :)
hugs
xxalisonxx
Totally charming Tilda card! Delightful and wow... how crazy! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!
You know, if a kid at school gave that excuse for no homework no one would believe him. LOL That fellow is lucky he didn't get electrocuted or have that pole fall on his head. Your card looks lovely even without the stitching. I love the little putting green on the inside. The mum will love this for sure. :-) Have a fantastic weekend Tracey!
Georgeous project! Thanks for taking part in our anything goes challenge at WOC this time :)
Hugs, Lena Katrine
wow another gorgeous one!, love the Tilda image coloured so beautifully!
Post a Comment