Hello my lovelies! I'm making the most of having an internet connection by doing this post and catching up on what's been going on in blogland. I've so missed being able to get my daily dose of blog hopping!
Fortunately I had enough of a connection earlier in the week to see that my lovely pal, Faye, was having an "Ooh La La!" challenge over at Cupcake challenges. This means anything French, red/white/blue, oo-er missus/saucy - whatever the words "ooh la la" mean to you! How could I not join in?!
I went for a Saturated Canary digi, which is unusual for me. Now, I love Krista Smith images but I look at the beautiful colouring of these images on my favourite blogs and feel so envious because, even though I love these gorgeous digis, I just can't seem to colour them in a way that does them justice. However, when I saw this image I knew that it was one I would use again and again! And I think she's sassy enough for the Cupcake challenge, don't you? She reminds me of Blanche in the Golden Girls or the late, great Bette Davis in Now Voyager.
I coloured her with Copics and sat her on a Nestie cut from bright red Bazzill. The DP is Magnolia and Maja Designs and the navy velvet ribbon is by American Crafts. Finally I added pearls, some pearl spray and lots of roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Caberet's on the box tonight - very late, but, as I'm never again going to have a tiny waist like my little digi friend above, I thought I might settle down to watch it with some Lindor from my secret stash!
Have a lovely evening, everyone.
Hugs
Tracey xx

17 comments:
LOL I've been trying to figure out who this image reminded me of and you have supplied the answer--Blanche Devereaux for sure! Love the pop of red, criss cross background, and that awesome die cut frame. Beautiful Tracey! Hugs!
O wow this is stunning, love the bold colours and the white flowers are just perfect. Wishing you a lovely Mothers Day. Hugs xxx
wow so stunning tracey.fabulous image and i love your striking colours :D
xx coops xx
Your card is stunning Tracey ! I love the frame and the image is so cool ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Gorgeous card, love the image and stunning colour combo. Hugs, Claire x
Coooooey! It's so fab to see you over at Cupcake. And with a gorgeous card too. You've totally done justice to the image with your colouring. It's Blanche all the way for me! Ooh La La. Thanks for playing with us this week Hun. xxx
Hi Tracey, know just what you mean about Krista's images - it took me a while to really like them (I wasn't sure when I first saw them as stamps at Funky Kits / Sugar Nellie) but they have grown on me and I use them a lot now. However, I never really feel that I do them justice, especially (as you say) I see them coloured so perfectly on other people's blogs!
Sorry waffled on forever there! I won't go without saying that you've certainly done this one justice - she's gorgeous, as is your card. Great colour choices and you've got real depth on her dress.
Cheerio,
Sarah
Hi Tracey, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your papers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x
Ooooh La la! What a fabulous image and I love the colour combo you chose. x
WOW....this is fabulous sweetie I cant believe you would struggle colouring these.......I DEF think you would do all of these images justice. You have certainly done it with this one sweetie, love it!!!
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Oooh wow, she is FAB-U-LOUS dahling!
Love it.
Susanxx
I love this card Tracey - that image is fab! Love the colours too. Hope you're having a good week, Wedgie xxx
Hi tracey
Oh how I love this card - just got me this SC image and can't wait to have a play with her.
Thanks for stopping by to see me and leaving me a lovely comment.
Take care and Toodle Pip.
Hazel xx
Gorgeous card Tracey! Love that image.
Susan xx
Secret stash!! :) lol.
No point in me hiding goodies in our house, both hubby and the dogs can sniff em out! lol.
Your card is stunning Tracey, love the deep red and the contrast with the white flowers and backing paper is gorgeous.
hugs
xxalisonxx
Just stunning!!! fab colouring!
Love your cards! Thanks too for stopping by my Blog with such a much appreciated lovely comment. Judy x
Post a Comment