Sunday, 24 June 2012

An Easel Card for Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolias

It's time for a new challenge at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolias, and this fortnight we're looking forward to seeing your easel cards.

I love easel cards as you can get so much more on them without having to cover up your lovely DP!


I opted for Kraft card this time and made an 8" x 8" card again! I kept the layout pretty simple using some squares of Basic Grey Piccadilly paper, the edges of which I inked with Walnut Stain DI. 

I used 3 Doohickey dies to make the doily behind Tilda and cut out the image with a large Go Kreate circle die. I masked Tilda to add the background image and the whole thing has been coloured with Distress Marker pens. I had a go at creating a background of clouds (thank you to my lovely Sweet Stampin' teamie Mickaela for her help here!) using some Tumbled Glass ink but I need to work at this a bit more!

I used a Martha Stewart corner punch on the Kraft card and added lace and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment spot is made up of a Nestie ovals which have been inked around the edges.

I do hope you can join in with us at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolias - remember, you can enter with either hAngar and StAnglar or Magnolia stamps now!  Our sponsor is the amazing Wild Orchid Crafts  who are giving away this: 



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Basic Grey Challenges - Favourite Colour Combo (Yellow and Kraft using BG Piccadilly DP)
Simply Magnolia - Garden Blooms
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes

Have a lovely day.

Hugs

Tracey xx

17 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Wow this is so gorgeous Tracey!!!

catherine said...

This is such a fab card Tracey and just love the colours. great image and easel card
x catherine

Elise said...

Hi Tracey! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love your colouring and the sky is sooooo fabulous!!!

Hugs,
Elise

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

Loving your easel card. Great finished look .. .. and there is nothing wrong with your sky .. .. it is brilliant!!

Great distressing and love those punched corners very much!

Hope you have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous colouring Tracey, love the image and design...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.i love your colours and stunning sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Kim said...

Hi Tracey,
Your card is gorgeous and your clouds are perfect. I am still trying to figure out how to do clouds.
Thank you for my birthday card, I LOVE IT!!!! she is just the sweetest and I love the nautical theme! Thanks again!!!!

Kim

Tracy said...

There are so many things I love about this card Tracey. The punched corners, kraft base, perfectly matched image and DP's, just the whole shebang! Really beautifully done. :-) Hugs!

Tracy said...

Hi Tracey, fantastic easel card, I love all of it and that corner punch finishes off so nicely. Tracy xx

Rachel said...

Gorgeous easel card Tracey. Love how the colours pop on top of the Kraft card. Wedgie xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, wonderful card - love the colour combo and your clouds are perfect.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Sarah

PS - Glad you liked the card, always nice to know they are well received.

Faye said...

How on earth did I manage to miss this absolutely gorgeous card? Yellow and kraft. Pretty paper. Gorgeous image. I love it all. xxx

Anonymous said...

stunning card x

Jacqui P said...

Wow Tracey simply stunning card! I love this tilda and that flower but don't have enough patience to colour all the background in!! love the colours you have used and stunning design!
Thankyou for joining the fun this time over at basic grey challenges
hugs
Jacqui P x

Heather said...

This is beautiful Tracey, a fabulous design and your colours and papers are stunning. Tilda is qadoraable and beautifully coloured!!

hugs Heather xx
Glad to have you joined us with Basic Grey challenge

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful!! This looks amazing. Gorgeous background and colouring! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

This card is stunning what a super design well done Hugs Elaine