Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

No, I've actually managed to make a card!  Wish I could say I'd done it today, but this one has been in the making for a while. 

I used the gorgeous Maja Design pad to go with my Anchor Tilda.  She was stamped and masked so that I could add the background stamp.  The image was coloured with Distress Pens and edged with Walnut Stain DI.

The banner was cut from Magnolia paper and Bazzill using a Magnolia Doohickey die.  I offset the paper and the card triangles to give the flags a bit of depth.  I used another Doohickey die to cut the doily and the lacy border. The pearls, ribbon and charm were all from my stash. Finally I added some Liquid Pearls to Tilda's shorts and to the bow in her hair. 

I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Tilda's Town - Tilda/Edwin + an accessory stamp
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes + a doily

I hope you've all had a lovely Jubilee weekend.  I watched the concert on Monday night and for the first time in ages really missed living in London!  Mind you, that might also have something to do with the fact that Mr Fox paid us a visit at the weekend and killed all of my chickens.  I know it's bound to happen from time to time, living where we do, but it doesn't make it any easier.  Short of posting armed guards and search lights, I don't know what else I can do to fortify the chicken run - it's like Fort Knox already!

Have a great week!

Hugs

Tracey xx

16 comments:

Kathya said...

Sorry to hear about your chickens. I hope you come to a solution to that problem soon. Your card is so cute. Wonderful details and design. And great coloring of the image!!

Claire said...

It's gorgeous Tracey - love the image, soft colours and little bunting too. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i really love your colours and gorgeous sweet image :D
so sorry to hear about your chickens.

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is delightful Tracey ! Love the paper and your colouring is stunning ! Sorry for the chickens, we too have foxes in the garden ! And badgers !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Tina Makuc said...

This is soooo cute Tracey..
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges with your beautiful card !!!
Hugs, Tina

Tracy said...

I think you've used a perfect card design for this project. i love how you created the depth for the banner by turning the mat pieces. Very clever AND effective. Beautifully done. :-) So sorry to hear about your chicks. Those foxes aren't considered wiley for nothin'. :-) Hugs!

mae said...

Tracy, this is such a gorgeous card. Your coloring is beautiful and I love your DP! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges!

Hugs,
Mae

catherine said...

Great card Tracey and love the bunting. sorry about your chickens .we have a foxes in our area at nights and my neighbour has chickens. I don't like to think about it!!.
x catherine

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Tracy, great accessory stamp matches perfectly with your Tilda. Thanks for joining in the fun at Tilda's Town challenge.
Teresa x

Kim said...

She is gorgeous! that paper is too. The compliment each other perfectly.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness Tracey - all your chickens?? Mt Fox didn't even leave you one?? Thats awful! My sister has little bantam chickens and I do worry that they'll get picked up by a fox one day.

Gorgoeus card, love the layout and the cute bunting. Wedgie xxx

Anonymous said...

oh, just the sweetest Summer scene creating Tracey! Love it! Beautiful coloring and designing! So glad you linked up to the Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

It's beautiful Tracey. Your colouring is amazing (I can't get the hang of colouring with distress inks at all!)and I love your dp. A fab card! Sarah xx

Ivonne said...

Gorgeous card. Love the papers and the bunting! The image is ssuper cute and so perfectly coloured. Hugs, Ivonne

xxxtglxxx said...

Another stunner! :) Love the papers and colours, so fresh and clean, and so pretty too!

sorry to hear about your chickens, its the one thing that puts me off having any :( I would be terrified of finding that had happened!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Doreen said...

another gorgeous card Tracey. Great colours
Hugs
Doreen xx