Saturday, 18 August 2012

Happy Ever After


Good morning! Well, I'm here with a post and it's all down to my lovely pal and Sweet Stampin' Teamie/Boss Abi!   Abi, who is a bit of a whizz when it comes to computers, came to my rescue late last night as I haven't been able to upload any of my photos to Blogger.  I have no idea why this is, what has caused this or indeed, how to fix it.  If any of you lovely Bloggers know what I can do, please could you let me know?

Anyway, we have a new challenge today at Sweet Stampin'.  This week our theme is Weddings and Anniversaries, so now is your chance to use those neglected stamps that maybe only get an airing round about Valentines Day!


Being the miserable old so and so that I am, I have very little in my stamp collection that is vaguely romantic! However, I like this Lili of the Valley image, mostly because it's cute but also because it's a decent size - sometimes I find their images too small to colour with anything other than Copics.  I masked this image with a Magnolia background stamp and painted the lot using my Distress Markers and some inks.  The DP is from a Tilda pad; it doesn't show up too well in the photo but there are a couple of different papers layered up and I cut out some Cheery Lynn butterflies and some Doohickey swirls and a tag from another contrasting design from the same pad.  The doilies are from Joanna Sheen and the flowers and pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I do hope you can join us over at Sweet Stampin' this week.  The Team Abi Sweeties have made some gorgeous DT creations to inspire you and as always, there is the chance to be in our Spotlight and to enter our weekly and monthly prize draws.  This week's sponsor is Whimsy Stamps who are giving away 5 digis and the lovely Joanna Sheen continues to provide our monthly draw winner with a £10 voucher for her online store.

Right - I'm off to give Blogger a kick up the bahookie!

Have a lovely day!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no! Wonder whats wrong with Blogger!! Hope its sorted soon Tracey.

Gorgeous card, love all the elements. Know what you mean about a lack of romantic images though...its pure luck that I have that bride and groom in my stash!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend, Wedgie xxx

Wishcraft said...

Aww just so gorgeous Tracey! Love the image and lovely soft colours. Fab background scene too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Vicky said...

Oh sweetie this is soooooooooo darn beautiful it really is love the images you have used & the colouring looks fantastic, I just love the soft look of it all........love it!!!!
Hope you gave blogger a good kick hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jacqui P said...

Another beauty tracey! Love this image masked with the background! great idea! love those butterflies too! just gorgeous!
hugs
Jacqui x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Tracey, love the cute image and gorgeous soft colouring..beautiful butterflies and just love the shape and pretty tag..gorgeous.

[Thanks so much for the heads up, really appreciated]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracy said...

I really like this Tracey. :-) The shaped design is fantastic and you image looks just perfect framed with it. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is so so sweet Tracey ! Love the shape of your card and the image is delightful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Tracey. Love the colouring with the Distress Markers.

Susan x

Natali said...

Gorgeous card. Love this pastels colours and sweet image. Beautiful flowers and butterflies.
Hugs
Natali

Kim said...

I don't believe you are old or miserable hahahaha! This card proves you must be sweet and loveable because it is so cute!