Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Lovin' the Olympics

As some of you will have gathered by now, I've been totally hooked on watching the Olympics.  Normally the Boy Wonder practically has to bribe me to watch sports programmes but right now I'm reluctant to be more than a couple of paces away from the tv.

Some of you will also know that I don't feel confident about making boy's cards.  However, the success of Team GB and, in particular, Andy Murray winning his Gold Medal at the weekend, gave me some inspiration.





I followed the sketch from this week's Magnolia Down Under challenge and inked up Edwin playing tennis.  I stamped the rosette from the same Magnolia collection and coloured everything with my Copics.  The papers are by Magnolia and the die cuts were all made using Doohickey dies.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Edwin Only
Magnolia Down Under - Sketch (turned this round, hope this is OK)

I've been into work to get the results for my Higher class and I'm a happy teacher.  8 As, 3 Bs and 3 Cs.  I'm so proud of my kids - they worked their socks off and I'm delighted they got the results they deserve.  Plus it means I can actually get some sleep tonight!

Hugs

Tracey xx

18 comments:

catherine said...

This is just so perfect Tracey and love how you have put it all together. the bunting is fantastic
x catherine

angelwhispers said...

Wow what a fabulous boy card and just perfect for our theme this week perfect!!!

I must admit I don't like to watch sport either but I am really enjoying watching!!!

Congratulations on the school results!

Thanks for joining us this week over at Midweek Magnolia. Love Chanelle xx

Ruth said...

Fab card - so vibrant! Ruth :)

Tina Makuc said...

This really is a wonderful card Tracey!! All the papers and details are just perfect for this week's theme and I love your colouring!!
Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias in our Olympic Challenge!!!
Hugs, Tina

Suzi Mac said...

This is so adorable, I love this sweet Edwin, you colourng and papers are fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias, good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rachel said...

Wow Tracey, this card is gorgeous! Fab colouring and I love the layout. I've also been hooked on watching the Olympics!! Wedgie xxx

Faye said...

Ahhhh, ANdy Murray looks GREAT on this rather gorgeous boy card. Step up to the Gold Podium please... xx

mixamatoasties said...

That is fab Tracey.

I'm like you, I am watching everything Olympics! Getting nothing done though.

Susan x

XxJULESxX said...

oh gorgeous card love it!!!

Jenny said...

Love these colours and your design is so inspiring for me. Love it! x

Tracy said...

Got super busy these past few days so i'm way behind on my visiting. Your last three cards are all awesome. I love those TI images. Keep saying I'm going to get some cause of people like you. LOL The Tilda was colored beautiful and not to bright at all and this little guy is just fabulous! Love all his red, white, and blue sporty enthusiasm. Fabulous cards Tracey! Hugs!

Claire said...

Brilliant card hun and the colours are just fab! Hugs, Claire x

Janice said...

Brilliant card, love Edwin's impersonation of Andy! Jx

Anne said...

This is absolutely wonderful Tracey! I love the clean look of this really sporty card! You did a fabulous job with out theme this week - thank you so much for playing with us at Midweek Magnolias :o) x

Brodders said...

Fab card and lovely bunting. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane

coops said...

so stunning tracey.edwin looks fab and i love your patriotic colours :D

xx coops xx

Doreen said...

adorable card Tracy. I love the red-blue-white colour comb. Looks fantastic
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Janiel/ janny said...

What an adorable male type card!! Beautiful!! Great use of the sketch this week at MDUC. Thanks for joining us...

hugs.........