Monday, 6 August 2012

Put your shades on!

Just giving you a little warning - this one is a little bit bright!  I like to join in with the Basic Grey challenges andwhen I saw that the new challenge was "Bright and Bold" I knew it was time to get out the Ambrosia paper pad.  This is full of bright reds and oranges but has been sadly neglected by me of late.  Apologies, though, for the photo - I'm really struggling with the lack of light here today.


I followed Dawny P's sketch over at Papertake Weekly and paper pieced Tilda's dress as I couldn't quite match the orange with my Distress Markers. I added some ribbon from my stash, pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts and a rub on sentiment from Pebbles Inc.

Check out the paper bow - this is my latest favourite purchase! I first saw this on Caz's DT card for the Die-ing for a Challenge blog.  Caz kindly included a link to the company, Lil' Inker Designs, and once I checked out their online store I knew I had to give them a try.  Considering the company is based in the USA the die arrived very quickly and I can honestly say it's a dream to work with.  I'll be using it a lot, I think.

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Basic Grey Challenges - Bright and Bold

I've got another couple of cards on the go so hope to be back either later today or tomorrow when they are finished. 

Results day tomorrow for my pupils - there will be some anxious kids all over Scotland tonight, I'm sure.  I've got everything crossed for my Higher class; a couple of the girls need 5 As in one sitting to get into Uni to do Law, so the pressure is really on for them.  No matter how many years I teach, I don't think I'll ever stop being nervous for my kids and I always look forward to seeing their faces when they get the results they want. 

Right, I've got a date with the hoover before I make a start on the dinner.  Sometimes I wonder how I find the time to go to work!

Hugs

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful Tracy thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Louise said...

Beautiful card and I love bright colours
Louise xx

Claire said...

Fabulous card Tracey - love the image and gorgeous bright colours. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

I love these papers. Amazing.
And the paper pieced Tilda looks fab.
Fantastic card Tracy.
Big hugs and a wonderful day
Doreen xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.i love your bold colours and fab sweet tilda :D

xx coops xx

Rachel said...

I just love those bright colours! Fab card Tracey. Wedgie xxx

Faye said...

That paper pieced dress looks delish! Gorgeous card. xx

XxJULESxX said...

beautiful card Tracey!!