Monday, 20 August 2012

Super Scooter


I've got the Abba tune stuck in my head (yes, I know they don't sing "Super Scooter" but that's what I'm hearing!).  That reminds me of when the Boy Wonder was very small.  He loved singing and would sing along to pretty much anything, even when he didn't know the words.  I used to love it when he would make up words to fit the song and I remind him of this every now and then - it's one of the fun things you can do when you have a (nearly) teenager, although I'm not sure the Boy Wonder would agree.  He did laugh the other night, though, when we caught the tail-end of the Peter Kay tour show... I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, suffice to say it's to do with the lyrics of well known songs, Peter Kay stylie.

Enough of my waffle.  Here's a card.




I'm on the last of one of my favourite pads - Pink Paislie's Queen Bee, which you can't get for love nor money now.  I matched this with some ribbon from my stash and flowers and a flat-backed pearl from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The doily was cut with a Cheery Lynn die and the green matte pearls are by Pebbles Inc.

I stamped Tilda on her scooter from one of this year's collections.  I haven't used her as much as I thought I would, so it seemed like as good a time as any to put this right.  She's been coloured with Copics and I put some Diamond Glaze on her crash helment and on the light on the bike.

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Fall
Magnolialicious Highlights - Autumn Splendour

Back to school tomorrow!

Hugs

Tracey x

11 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh I love it when they do that! My little drama queen does that too & will sing completely random words to a recognisable tune, so funny!!

Gorgeous card sweetie, those papers are indeed lovely! xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Vicky said...

Oh this is fabulous hunni love the colour & image. Fabulous creation. Do ya know I;ve just been looking at these new magnolias as I'm so behind I'd still not seen the new ones lol.....still deciding what to do tho.....I'm thinking I should be sensible & use what have not seen ink yet lol....

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jacqui P said...

wowzer Tracey, your turning into a card making machine!! Lol!! and they are all gorgeous!! or as us taffs may say lush!! Lol!!
I used to think the lyrics of a famous abba song was "take your teeth out you and I know" hmmmm
hugs
Jacqui xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Tracey, and I still make up my own words to songs, can't understand what the singers are saying, so I improvise..lol..
Love your Tilda image and gorgeous colouring, the flowers are beautiful too..

luv CHRISSYxx

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card.

Hope tomorrow isn't too painful for you both.

Susan xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Thanks for that..... I have that blimmin tune running round my bonce now!! :) lol

Lovely papers, layout, details and super image! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Tracy said...

I bought some of that paper in 12 x 12 to do a min album and still haven't done it. LOL I really like the colors and your Tilda is gorgeous Tracey. Happy back to school for the boy wonder! Hugs!

Doreen said...

one weekend offline and you have made so stunnging creations *lol*
fabby card hun and the colours are amazing. Love the background paper.
Hugs
Doreen xx

Anonymous said...

I watched Peter Kay's show and he is hilarious... Your card is simply stunning Tracey ! What a cute image and your attention to details is second to none... Have a great day my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Faye said...

You are rocking the autumn shades on this cracker. Very cutesome. xx