Monday, 1 October 2012

Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink was one of my favourite films when I was younger - I loved all of the Brat Pack stuff.  Over at Cupcake this week we're celebrating the colour pink as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Some of you will know that my sister is currently fighting this horrible disease and not so long ago one of my best friends also had to go through  months of chemo and feeling pretty rotten.  Still, the good news is that my sister is now halfway through her chemo so we can start counting the weeks back to normality.  As for my lovely Marianne, she's now had her first haircut since her treatment finished and she's looking and feeling fabulous!

So, here's my first card as a Guest Cupcake for October:


I love this Saturated Canary image. She's a joy to colour, too.  I made another centre step card (still can't find the link to the tutorial, but I'll keep looking!). I used Prima 12 x 12" paper, which I prefer to their pads because they tend to be double sided and they are a similar weight to cardstock.  I cut a little heart Doohickey tag and used some Doodlebug rubons to write the sentiment.  Liquid pearls and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts are the only embellies so that the image can take centre-stage.

I do hope you'll play along with our Think Pink challege at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.  The Cupcakes have made the most gorgeous designs to inspire you, so do go over and take a look.  There are prizes too!

Have a lovely week, everyone and remember to check those boobs!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Stunning card Tracey, love the image and the flowers. I'll be joining in the Cupcake fun tomorrow! Wedgie xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Fabulous card! Thinking of your sister and your friend too :)

Susan xx

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

A lovely card .. . I think steppers always look extra special . .. and this one certainly does.

Sorry to read about your Sister and friend. I hope things return to some normality for everyone soon. It must all be so very worrying.

Love Jules xx

Faye said...

Your sister and friend are going to knock this thing on the head as they have you by their sides. And just look at the fab card you've made to support them. You rock. Welcome to Cupcake Hun. xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Tracey ! Love the papers and the beautiful embellies ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Tracey! It is so nice to have you with us at Cupcake:-)! Great image and I love the design of your card!!! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Tracy said...

What wonderful inspiration for the Cupcake challenge. your sidestep card is lovely Tracey. Best wishes to your sister and friend for speedy full recoveries! Hugs!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, I love the dotted embossing on the sweet image. A great center step card.

Unknown said...

Ooh that's just gorgeous Tracey, wonderful colouring and a fab image.

Best of wishes to your sister and friend. My nan beat breast cancer twice and then lived on into her 90s.

Hope you have a great weekend - and the gales have died down!!

Sarah

Mary J said...

That's so beautiful Tracey! Gorgeous inky edges and lvoe the pearly drops!

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is such a beautiful card, I absolutely love it!!!
Sending big huge hugs to your best friend & your sister sweetie & keeping them in my thoughts hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx