I fancied doing some colouring on Kraft today. It's something I really enjoy but as I don't often get the time (and it takes time!) I'm often disappointed with the results, especially when it comes to colouring skin. So I did a bit of preparatory blog-hopping and found Mary J's excellent tutorial (here) on colouring skin using Prisma pencils.
Now the colouring isn't even remotely in Mary J's league, but I'm pleased with the improvement!
I've kept the card layout really simple, partly because the image is quite big and partly because I always seem to need flat cards for posting - not easy for someone who likes to clabber everything with flowers! I was very brave and cut into some of my Maja Designs paper, but don't worry, I do have some whole sheets for stroking and admiring! A wee strip of seam binding and some splodges of white ink using a Stempelglede stamp were the only other additions to the card, so it's as flat as I'm ever likely to get anything I ever make.
I thought I'd enter the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Get your kraft on (colour on kraft cardstock)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes (option to use kraft cardstock)
Have a lovely evening!
Hugs
Tracey xx
15 comments:
Hi Tracey, well done it looks fab! i am wanting to have a go at this for a while now, so thanks for the link for the tut i shall have a look!
I do love that image you used!
Lovely card, sweet image, looks fab on Kraft. Hugs, Claire x
This looks fantastic Tracey and such great colouring on the Kraft. A great image to use
x catherine
I think your colouring looks gorgeous Tracey, and the lilac shades look very pretty with the kraft card :o) Hugs, Lisa x
This is so cute, I like the image and how you colored it.
Wow Tracey that's fab! Love it.
Susan xx
I really like this Tracey! your colouring looks great! I'm about to check out the tutorial so thanks for the tip!
Chris
x
This is gorgeous Tracey ! Your colouring on kraft looks absolutely stunning ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
simply stunning tracey.gorgeous sweet image and your colouring on the kraft is fantastic ;D
xx coops xx
It looks wonderful Tracey! I'm all for flat cards so that gives it extra thumbs up! Hugs xx
What a gorgeous card!!! I love your coloring on kraft! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine
Gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the CAS layout and your colouring on kraft looks fantastic, Tracey! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx
Long time, no see, my bad! You have rocked colouring on Kraft and I love the whole card too, so there. And thanks for playing at Cupcake too. X
wow Tracey...it's gorgeous!! I have only attempted to colour on kraft a couple of times, can't really get he colour the way I want it so might have to check out Mary's tutorial too.
Fi
x
fabby card Tracey. Lovely image
Big hugs
Doreen xx
Post a Comment