Christmas? There are quite a few Christmas themed challenges on the go at the moment, although from my window this morning it definitely looks more like autumn. The rain is lashing down and the sky is very black. Hey ho, looks like I won't be cutting the grass today!
I've had mojo trouble recently. Isn't it always the way when you're not at work? Just wait until next week when we're back at school - the inspiration will no doubt return when I'm meant to be marking and preparing lesson plans!
Anyway, this card took a while to finish because I couldn't get the embellies right.
I used some non-Christmas paper from Maja Designs but I think it works quite well. I cut the layers with my Go Kreate dies and then managed to break my Grand Calibur (like, properly break it, beyond repair). The image is from the new Lili of the Valley Christmas release and she's absolutely my favourite. She's been coloured with Copics and has had a good sprinkling of Glamour Dust.
I wanted to keep things fairly simple so after trying and not liking the flowers I stuck on, I picked them off (as you do) and made some poinsettias with a Doohickey die and Maja paper instead. I'm still not convinced - maybe I should have kept the whole thing plain but I needed to hide the glue from the first lot of flowers!
I'm going to enter this in the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley Ideas to Inspire Challenge - Make It Festive
Lili's Little Fairies - Christmas in August
Deep Ocean Challenges - Christmas in July
Well, the housework calls, although I keep trying to ignore it.
Hugs
Tracey xx

9 comments:
I love this Tracey. Stunning card.
Are you sure your GC is broken beyond repair - my friend thought that and returned it and it's fixed now!
Susan x
PS also ignoring housework.
I think the flowers you've used look fine. Isn't it always a joy when we second guess ourselves AFTER we've glued it down. LOL It's beautiful Tracey. Hugs!
WOW ! What a gorgeous card Tracey ! Love the soft colours and the shape... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Gorgeous card Tracey - love the shape and those gorgeous papers and colours. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x
Beautiful and elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies.
Hugs, Nanda
so stunning tracey.fabulous design and details and i really love your soft colours and sweet image :D
xx coops xx
gorgeous Tracey...love those little flowers too..very purty!!
Fi
x
Hi Tracey,
Such a great card, very CAS and it works great. I love the flowers too, they finish off the card beautifully.
Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Make it Festive' challenge, good luck!
Hugs Erica x
This is gorgeous Tracey. I love the image and design.
Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Lilies Little Fairies.
Lorraine x
Post a Comment