Just in case you hadn't noticed, Christmas isn't too far away. Living where I do, away from department stores and busy high streets, we don't get the sense that Christmas is around the corner until a couple of weeks before the big event. But I love Christmas preparations and, of course, making Christmas cards! Our latest challenge at Sweet Stampin' - Christmas is Coming - is one of my favourites.
Here's my DT card:
It's getting harder to photograph my cards now that there isn't so much daylight, but this is essentially a white-plus-brown/taupe colour scheme. A bit different for Christmas, but I kinda like it.
I used two Magnolia stamps; the Edwin stamp is actually quite a bit smaller that the Tilda one, so a stamped Tilda first, masked her off and stamped Edwin so that he looks like he's standing ever so slightly behind her. They have been coloured with Copics and I've added Stickles for some Christmas sparkle. The sentiment is from a Lili of the Valley set - I love the font as it's pretty while still being easy to read.
The papers are all by Maja and I've used a square doily (behind the image) and a punched lacy square made with a Martha Stewart PATP. The flowers are pearls are a mixture from my stash - some from Wild Orchid Crafts, some from the Ribbon Girl.
This week's Sweet Stampin' challenge is being sponsored by Cuddly Buddly, who are giving away a £10 voucher to one lucky winner. The Ribbon Girl continue to sponsor our monthly prize draw, so every has 2 chances to win, as all entries are automatically entered into the monthly competition.
Do grab a cuppa and check out what my teamies have made to inspire you here - they are such a talented and lovely bunch!
Have a great Saturday!
Tracey xx
8 comments:
Tracey, this is so gorgeous!! I love the color theme you chose and all the flowers and pearls are perfect! :)
Gorgeous creation, beautifully done. Hugz
This is so sweet. Love the soft colors. I have a Martha Stewart PATP and I still have not figured out how to use it lol.
This is a lovely card, fab image and layout. Love your new look blog too! Hugs, Claire x
Fabulous colour combo Tracey and love the two images together and gorgeous colouring too..
luv CHRISSYxx
so stunning tracey.really beautiful design and colours and the image is gorgeous :D
xx coops xx
This is beyond sweet...it is absoultely breathtaking. I love the images, but the colors are so soft and neutral and the flowers are so perfect...look at that pretty punch. Yep, this is a gorgeous card!!! --Gail
I love your style of cards - so crisp, clean and uncluttered! Really keeps the main focus on the image - and I wish I could find some of those square doilies - any pointers?
Post a Comment