Wednesday, 13 November 2013

W-O-W!

Can you believe that another month has gone by?  Christmas is just a few weeks away - good job that Christmas at Sweet Stampin' is doing its bit to help you get those Christmas cards made!

We have a new challenge for you this month: White on White.  You can opt for an all-white card or a white background with a coloured image.  You'll see examples of both over at CaSS as my lovely teamies have made some stunning projects to inspire you.

Here's what I did (apologies for the dodgy photo)



I went for the all-white option and boy, did it take me out of my comfort zone!  I used various Magnolia dies to cut poinsettias, mistletoe and leaves and I added some glittery stamens from my stash for extra berries.  The poinsettia centres are glittered brads.  I punched a lacy layer using a Martha Stewart PATP and stamped a Lili of the Valley sentiment directly on the card in Versamark, then embossed it in silver.  I added a few clear rhinestones for a bit of bling and gave a big sigh of relief when it was done - this one really made me think!

We'd love to see your White on White creations and we've got a special goodie bag waiting for our winner, so come on over to CaSS and join in the fun!

Hugs

Tracey xx

15 comments:

Chris said...

WOW! Simply beautiful!
Chris
x

Gail said...

I adore the border on this card...it adds such elegance to it. Beautiful white on white card, fabulous! --Gail

coops said...

simply stunning tracey.beautiful white on white design :D

xx coops xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous! I love the punched border and all the beautiful die cuts. It looks amazing. Hugs, Dawn

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOw Tracy I love your White on White. I am getting quite hooked on this theme. Judy x

Tracy said...

Bravo! White on white is something I fail miserably at. Great job Tracey! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

As usual you have made a beautiful and elegant card Tracey ! Have a lovely week-end my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Claire said...

This is just beautiful - love the pretty detailing. Hugs, Claire x

Fiona said...

this is gorgeous Tracey...so elegant!! snow ios forecast here on tuesday...apparantly!!

Fi
x

Debbie said...

Hi Tracey
Debbie here.
If you go on DT blog (ours), you should see a B&W card by me (for a coming challenge) using the sticky film again, it's great stuff from Little Claires and comes in A4 sheets, I love it for Christmas.
Debbiex

mixamatoasties said...

I love this! I know you're out of your comfort zone, but it's gorgeous :)

Susan xx

PS no, still not better! Still snotty, still can't hear :(

Inkypinkydelights said...

Mmmmm your card really made me think too Tracey, think what a beautiful card you have made, and all white which I find challenging. I absolutely love it, and your photo is good too. I just love the use of those dies and the silver embossing. Happy Weekend. Judy x

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty... my gosh, I sat and looked at it for awhile before I began to write. Nothing says beauty, classy and stylish like white on white and your card is gorgeous. I like the lacey outline and those flowers are gorgeous!

Chris said...

Hi Tracey, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh my gosh. Tracey this is just beyond beautiful I bet it looks a bit like this outside at your place by now... X