It's time for a challenge with a bit of a twist at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Yes, as usual, we'd like to see a Christmas project but this one has a different spin on it - we'd like your design to be appropriate for those who are celebrating the festive season in sunnier climes than our own!
I'll be honest, it took me a while to decide what I was going to do and I ended up using 3 different Magnolia stamps to create this scene:
I stamped and masked the palm tree, then over stamped with the beach scene. Try as I might, I couldn't get the little Santa and his sleigh stamp to sit in the right place, so I resorted to stamping this image and cutting it out so that I could put it exactly where it needed to be!
The whole thing was painted with DIs and I used a Sakura glitter pen to highlight the butterflies. Unfortunately in this photo you can barely see the Merry Christmas sentiment, which was created using a Pebbles Inc. rub-on.
Hope you can join in the fun at CaSS this month. We've got a fabby prize up for grabs - The Hobby House are giving away a £10 voucher for their store. Now if that isn't a good reason to dig out those summer stamps, I don't know what is!
Hugs,
Tracey xx
2 comments:
This is beautiful Tracey ! What a stunning scene... Just what we need in this weather ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
I love this card! It's so clever to use the santa/sleigh image over the sun! Perfect for a tropical Christmas! Hugs, Lesley
Post a Comment