Thursday, 10 July 2014

Krafty Kristmas Part 2

As promised, I'm back with my second card for the latest Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge, which is asking for you to use kraft on your Christmas project.

I took my inspiration from a pink and kraft card I saw ages ago but I honestly can't remember where I found it.  If you recognise this inferior version of your card, please let me know so that I can credit you.  Lucy Abrams, who makes the most amazing cards, did a design with a fabulous stamped tree covered with pearls - you can find it here - but I opted for a slightly flatter look using Liquid Pearls.

 
The tree is a Penny Black stamp and again I've used one of my many Pebbles rub-ons for the sentiment.  The ribbon was the last bit in this colour (admits to a slight panic while I thought I might not have enough to make the bow!) and matches my Liquid Pearls exactly, although that's more by luck than judgement.

We've had another good day in the jungle, cutting back dead branches and pulling out nettles.  I'm now covered in nettle stings but at least they take away the attention from the veins in my legs!!!

If the forecast is right, we'll have one more good weather day tomorrow before the rain comes in, so hopefully I'll have one part of the garden cleared before I see you again.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Tracey xx

9 comments:

Gail said...

Oh you little overachiever you! Nothing like showing us all up and you making 2 cards for the kraft challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' while we're all lucky to squeak out one. Both of these cards are fabulous. I love how you put the ink on the tree to represent ornaments. And the stockings card is just too cute. Great cards towards your Christmas card stash. Hugs, Gail

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful card!

S xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wow! Stunningly gorgeous, wonderful colours and beautiful image used..love the use of the little pearls and kraft....everything matches beautifully....♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Tracey ! Love the design... Love the kraft cardstock too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sammy said...

Ohhh, how fab is this! I love liquid pearls, and you've used them perfectly! And the colour looks so lovely paired with the kraft card.

And thank you for the lovely offer r.e. the stamps. I'm sure I'd be happy to take a few off your hands! Do you have an email addy I can reach you on, or Fb or something? Will make working stuff out easier, lol. x

Tracy said...

Oh boy do I love the look of this! Great choice to go with the Liquid Pearls AND the kraft base. Gorgeous card Tracey. Hope you've recovered from the plant attack. :-) Hugs!

coops said...

ooooo love this tracey.the tree is so delicate and pretty ;D

xx coops xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh this is lovely Tracey. So stylish and I like the splashes of colour with the Kraft x

Marilyn said...

This is a fabulous card. The simplicity of it is so striking and the combo of the teal and kraft is gorgeous!