Saturday, 30 August 2014

A bit of embossing

Hellooooo!   So much for my plans to get the garden sorted and have more crafty time this summer.  I just don't know where the holidays have gone and we've now been back at school for nearly 2 weeks!  It's true that I made a start on quite a few cards...

Thankfully, this was one I did manage to finish in the summer!  This week over at Sweet Stampin' our challenge theme is Embossing (any kind). Everyone seems to be doing the white embossing thing so I decided to give it a go myself. 


I wasn't brave enough to go for one layer, so I used a couple of different types of kraft card for my base, mat and image.  I find it much easier to colour kraft card that's got a bit of tooth to it, but I discovered that it's a wee bit more difficult to get all the little bits of stray embossing power off your card!  Still, I'm not too bothered by the little flecks of white as there are pollen-type circles on the image anyway.

The image is by Stampin' Bella and I love it!  I coloured it with my Prismas but it looked really nice without any colour at all.  I think you'll be seeing this from me again.

Do grab a cuppa and hop over to Sweet Stampin' to check out the challenge deets and the fabulous inspiration cards my lovely talented teamie pals have made.  Our sponsor is Hobbycutz who have a £7.50 voucher for the online store up for grabs.

Hope you can play along!

Hugs

Tracey xx

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is gorgeous Tracey, lovely image and embossing...colours are gorgeous.xxThe Journey is the Start

Chris said...

It's fabulous Tracey. Love the white-on-kraft embossing and it's a gorgeous stamp! Have a great weekend!
Chris
x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Tracey..very striking and loving the white embossed image and hints of colour..gorgeous design too..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

mixamatoasties said...

It's gorgeous Tracey. That white on kraft is very effective, I must give it a try! And I love the stamp.

xx

Cass said...

Love the white on Kraft.Love Kraft full stop.Gorgeous image too.Very effective xx

Anonymous said...

WOW ! Such a stunning card Tracey ! I so love the stamped image on kraft ! Really beautiful creation... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Rebecca Hoy said...

Such no pretty flowers!!! Fingers crossed if you do get insspected, we are due one too this year!! Rebecca x x x

coops said...

so stunnning tracey,gorgeous image and it looks fabulous on the kraft :D

xx coops xx

Pamellia said...

What a great card! I just love the white embossing and all the colours on the neutral background! It is so eye catching! Wonderful :)

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I am so glad I didn't miss this card. It is so, so SO, gorgeous x