I was hugely flattered to be asked by the lovely Fi, who runs Sweet Stampin' with Abi, to take part in the Creative Bloggers Blog Hop. As part of the hop I need to answer some questions, so here we go!
1. What am I working on?
I'm usually working on DT cards! I work full time as a teacher, so the holidays are usually spent trying to get ahead with my DT projects. I do, however, have a number of projects on a to-do-when-I-get-time list, some of which have been started, none of which are anywhere near finished! I've got a couple of journal covers on the go and way too many stamped images waiting to be coloured!
2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I'm not sure that my work is different, although I'm aware that my style is changing. For the past few years my cards have been fairly "full" with embellies (mainly flowers) but lately I have been increasingly inspired by the Clean and Simple look. I love trying different things so although I feel I do my best colouring with Copics, I also love working with Distress Inks and pencils. I treated myself to some Inktense pencils recently and am still playing with these - I'm struggling to get skin tones I like, so I need to keep practising.
3. Why do I write/create what I do?
This is easy: it's sooooo relaxing and helps me to switch off from work. Before I discovered crafting my evenings were mostly spent preparing stuff for work or thinking about work. I still bring a lot of work home but now I make sure that I have a more even work:life balance; whether I'm making something or just blog hopping, I can forget about work for a while. I know that there are millions of people who are much more creative/talented/clever than me but I don't care - I enjoy doing what I do!
4. How does your writing/creative process work?
Hmmm... depends on time really. Sometimes the creative process is driven purely by panic - I need to get something done in record time - but mostly I'll spend some time thinking about my DT cards. If inspiration strikes, I'll try to make the card while it's fresh in my head, so often I've got DT cards for future months made well in advance. The panic sets in when I realise that I've forgotten to make something that is due for Thursday!
I also love checking out what other people have made and I do like a good tutorial. I'm a recent convert to Pinterest and get so much inspiration from admiring people's cards. I don't work in any particular order; sometimes I match my colouring to papers, sometimes it's the other way round and sometimes the thing just evolves somehow!
I'm very fortunate to be on a small number of Design Teams - Sweet Stampin', Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia. This has enabled me to "meet" the most amazing and talented people and I'd like to introduce you to one of my favourites. The very lovely Lisa is a former DT teamie and one the most talented card makers I know. Lisa's blog is a brilliant source of inspiration, so if she's not on your reading list already, do hop over here - you'll be glad you did!
Hugs,
Tracey xx
2 comments:
Thank you Tracey... blushing now :o) Hugs, Lisa x
I see we have the same "process" when it comes to DT work, lol.
Great post hun, so sorry I ended up being away. x
Post a Comment