Saturday, 25 October 2014

Anything but a Card

This challenge is the one that strikes me with terror, but that's the theme this week over at Sweet Stampin'! I'd had these wooden hearts for ages and thought that now was as good a time as any to try my hand at altering them.


Out came the gesso, then the Fresco Finish paints (Nougat, Stone, Chalk and Dolly Mix). I painted some Crackle Glaze between the Dolly Mix and the Stone layers after stamping a Hobby Art text stamp over the hearts in brown Staz-On ink.  I sanded off some of the top layer to get a patchy look and rubbed gilding wax over the top.  Boy, that is powerful smelling stuff!

I hope you can join in with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.  The Sweeties have made the most outstanding inspiration projects to help you get started, so grab a cuppa and hop over here to take a look.  We're being sponsored by Di's Digis, so there's a $12 voucher on offer to our lucky winner.

Have a great day!

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Tracey ! I love folk hearts... Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Chris said...

These are beautiful! Love the simplicity and the subtle sheen.
Have a great weekend
Chris
x

An Occasional Genius said...

See, if I could make something this beautiful the cherub might actually be impressed lol! xx

mixamatoasties said...

They're gorgeous Tracey, I love them.

Went to craft show at SECC today. May* have spent too much.....

*Definitely did.

xx

Rachel said...

Ohhhh....fab project Tracey, so pretty!
Hope you are keeping well, Wedgie xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh this is lovely Tracey. Fab project x

coops said...

these are gorgeous tracey.i love the colour and shimmer ;D

xx coops xx

Cass said...

these are beautiful Tracey.I bought some hearts at the SECC to alter.I might get them done by this time next year. xx