It's the end of term! I've now got two weeks to catch up on sleep, housework, gardening (weather permitting) and, with any luck, get a bit of crafting in! We're not going away this holiday as our lovely dog, Tam, is really showing his age now. Mum and dad usually come and house/dog sit, but they can't do as much as they used to, either, so it makes sense for the Boy Wonder and I to have a quiet time at home. And I'm quite happy with that :0)
It's new challenge day over at Sweet Stampin' and our theme is to make something that is clearly For a Friend.
I tried out my new Papertrey Ink stamps & dies for this one. They are rather gorgeous and very nice to use once you get the hang of the two-step stamping thing. But crikey, were these bad boys expensive! The stamps themselves are reasonable enough, but the postage was shocking (and very slow) and to make matters worse, I then got charged as much again by HM Customs!
Anyway, I stamped and cut the flowers and cut the stitched frame with a Lil'Inkers square die. The sentiment is computer generated as I didn't have anything that fitted the theme. A couple of gems here and there and the card was done.
Our sponsors this week are Flat Friends who have some digi stamps to give away. As always, I am in awe of my talented teamies and would encourage you to grab a cuppa and nip over here to see their lovely inspiration cards.
Hope you can play along this week!
Hugs
Tracey xx
7 comments:
Tis fab Tracey and worth the cost!
Two weeks? Two weeks? We have a week and this is my last Friday off before I go full time :/
Susan x
Wow, Tracey...you are certainly mastering the art of CAS design! This is gorgeous, the bold stamps look fabulous against your white background and frame, a very simple but so striking design.
Enjoy your break!
Chris
x
This is beautiful Tracey ! The flowers are gorgeous... Enjoy your time off and have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
This is such a pretty birthday card!
That pricey shipping has held me back from ordering from them too, but they sure do look lovely on your card. Gorgeous bursts of red and the linen textured paper is so stylish. Lovely. :-) Hugs!
P.S. Hope you and the boy wonder enjoy your holiday.
Oh Tracey, this is so, so, so beautiful. I love the rich colours against the white x
Pffft, you should have ordered them to come back with me earlier in the year lol! It is a very beautiful card & the flowers are beautiful.
Enjoy your holiday & catching up on the jobs! xx
Post a Comment