Saturday, 31 January 2015

Love, love, love

It's all about Love this week at Sweet Stampin'! We'd like to see your love-themed creations - stamped, of course!

I went for something a bit different (for me) this time.  I'm trying to use up the craft stash that is taking over the house, including a few ;o) boxes of flowers. 


I used a heart die to make a template (because I can't draw!) and used varying sizes of WOC roses to fill in the shape.  Some of the roses had to be manipulated a bit and I've noticed since I took the photo that a couple of the leaves have curled up, so I'll need to stick those back down.

The stamped sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp; it was quite hard to get a good impression with my Versamark ink as the kraft cardstock is very "hairy", but I suppose it adds to the rustic look. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.

We're being sponsored by the Ribbon Girl this week.  You'll get all the details here, along with a look at the beautiful DT projects my lovely talented teamies have made.

Hope you can join in with us this week!

Hugs

Tracey xx

12 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Tracey, I utterly LOVE this hun. The floral heart is so clever and so striking. A beautiful celebration of love and the white sentiment on Kraft is a fab finish. CAS perfection! Hugs, Wends x

Anonymous said...

Your card is stunning Tracey ! I love the heart of flowers and the white sentiment looks fab on kraft card ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very clever use of the beautiful roses!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Chris said...

Just beautiful Tracey! Love the look of all the roses against the kraft!
Chris
x

Chrissy said...

Stunning Tracey..just beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Debs said...

Super stylish card Tracey - fabulous design,
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

Tracy said...

Scrumptious! You can't go wrong with flowers. Perfect for expressing your love to someone Tracey. Hugs!

Thordis said...

It's a gorgeous card. The roses are so beautiful with the kraft card stock.
Hugs xx

mixamatoasties said...

I love this Tracey. It's absolutely gorgeous!!

Hope you've had a good weekend.

Susan xx

Paddington fan said...

Such a great idea, the kraft really shows off the roses beautifully! Hope your internet is back up and running soon, love Jacky x

Rachel said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Tracey - I love it! Hope your phone line/internet gets sorted soon! Wedgie xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a lovely idea! And beautifully done! Hugs, Lesley